amphos - surface mode during dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

backprop

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello.
I'm on a dive trip and have a Sherwood Amphos that I've had for about two years and 50 dives. Today I started descending and watched the compter go normally to about 30 feet. The next time I looked at it, it was in surface mode - no depth or any computer functions at all, just the current date/time and showed that I was on a surface interval through that dive and the next one (said the dive I was on lasted one minute). Buttons did everything they do when on the surface. Battery is brand new and dive shop owner took it out and put it back in to reset it. All functions normal on surface. Rinsed it really well. No changes. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Well, they said the pressure sensor is probably blown. But they don't repair that part. And it's just out of warranty, with less than 100 dives total on it.

I really liked it, but I don't really think that's a long lifespan.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom