Anacapa on the Peace 3-10-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bperc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I finally got to go on my first dive of 2012. I went on the Peace to Anacapa. The weather was great, but the current was running pretty strong on Saturday. It limited our dive spots. We dove Cat Rock, Rat Rock, Channels and just west of Fish Bowl. Saw tons of Brittle Stars and urchins, one sea lion, several fish and a few lobster. I saw something that I have not seen before. Can anyone tell me what this is?

IMG_4645.jpg IMG_4650.jpg

Thanks H2Ocean.

We went out on the Peace at midnight Saturday night. Santa Rosa and Santa Cruz diving were pretty sweet but a wee bit chilly at 49-F. There were some currents too.

Fnfalman, I am pretty sure that I saw you walking toward the boat as I was pulling my dive bag down the dock leaving the boat. The water temperature at Anacapa was 52-54 on the bottom.

Glad you had a good time. I love diving off the Peace -- wonderful boat, and incomparable crew.

Thanks
These are my first pictures using my new Sea & Sea YS-01 strobe. I have a lot to learn, but at least it is fun learning how to use a strobe underwater. My students really like seeing my photos too.
Does anyone have any good book recommendations for me?

Back
Top Bottom