And the KILLING begains

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAD Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just saw a news brief from Fla. & some bonehead had 3 Blacktips about 2-3 feet long each & says we need to get them out of the water before they hurt anyone else.
So VERY SAD.
I dove in Nassau with Nassau Scuba Centre last Oct. & we had dozens of Blacktips(5-7 feet long) all around us thanks to Stuarts Cove just completing a feeding dive. It was the best dive Ive ever had.
They would swim about 2-3 feet from you & if you didnt have any food they just swam to the next diver. It was sooo coool.

i did the same dive, in shark alley?

great dive, one of my most remembered..
safe sharks when not bothered..

In San Luis Obispo (central coast California), they showed a fisherman who'd caught and killed a leopard shark. People looked in awe at the dead, defenseless creature. The news implied that the shark could have posed a threat to the public.

Leopard sharks are small harmless bottom feeders, and virtually NO threat to humans.

robbcayman:
People are dumb!!!
Agreed. A few weeks ago I was snorkeling around the back country in the marine sanctuary (off Key West) in about 4 feet of water and this gorgeous black tip came along side me, we swam together for a minute or two then it slowly moved off. The thought that some idiot would kill it to "protect" people is just moronic. :frown2:

Killed a leopard shark? Such ignorance. I was kayaking off Catalina with two of my sisters from the Midwest a few years ago. We encountered several dozen leopard sharks in about 4 feet of water. I told them to jump in and swim with the sharks. They were petrified. I jumped in and showed them how safe it was.

I've been surrounded by a hundred sharks of four different species (Tahiti) and never a single threatening posture. I've dived Catalina for 36 years and never seen a great white underwater here.

Why don't people try to exterminate honeybees if they are so concerned?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom