ANDI restrictions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TCWayne

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all. I'm currently in Key Largo. I'll be diving in a couple of hours. I'll also be diving here the next 4 days.

My brother is flying in from Arizona tomorrow night. He has an ANDI open water cert. I asked him what he thought his deep dive restriction was. He said 90 feet. So thinking that was incorrect, mainly because my OW for SDI was 60 feet and my PADI AOW is 130. I tried to look it up and was unsuccessful.

Can anyone lead me to the place to find ANDI OW restrictions?

Yes it does. Thank you very much. Having an iPhone is great but having a laptop with wifi is always better. How can I pay so much for a condo on the water and it not have stinkin wifi? Lol

Maybe I confused my depth restriction since I just got AOW last weekend. Either way, I was hoping my brother and I could go 90+ together. Perhaps we will simply enjoy our time at any depth. Until recently I never knew the different agencies varied in restrictions as they do.

Aren't the "restrictions" more recomendations from the agencies? And the "restrictions" are more imposed/enforced by the dive operator and dive guide than the agencies?

Aren't the "restrictions" more recomendations from the agencies? And the "restrictions" are more imposed/enforced by the dive operator and dive guide than the agencies?

Exactly, the dive chater will impose/enforce depth limits is they deem it neccessary. Now IMHO, I don't recommend you finish open water and plan on doing a 120 dive immeadiately aftewards but don't be afraid to go past the 60ft mark if you are comfortable with it and have an experienced diver with you.

Yes the dive charter asks for your advanced card or if you have a few logged deep dives or they won't put you on the boat that goes out for deeper dives.

Hello all. I'm currently in Key Largo. I'll be diving in a couple of hours. I'll also be diving here the next 4 days.

My brother is flying in from Arizona tomorrow night. He has an ANDI open water cert. I asked him what he thought his deep dive restriction was. He said 90 feet. So thinking that was incorrect, mainly because my OW for SDI was 60 feet and my PADI AOW is 130. I tried to look it up and was unsuccessful.

Can anyone lead me to the place to find ANDI OW restrictions?

ANDI OW classes are more intensive than other agenices, OW certification is 30m/100 fsw, and AOW is 40m/130fsw (countries under EUF directive shallower limits are imposed)

The limits are printed on his C card

Back
Top Bottom