Andrea Doria Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mempilot:
What kind of car are you driving chap? LOL

If everyone pitches in, I'll fly you all out there. Speaking of this, anyone wanting to do a cheap trip to the Bahamas - I've got a twin in Ft. Lauderdale that will hold six, three with gear. We could do a quick trip out and back over a few days. Bimini's only 45 miles, so we could keep low for the offgassing. Better yet, it has 6-place O2, so we could decompress on the ride home! :)
What's the odds on a quick stop in Newark to pick up two divers in dire need of some warm blue water?:buggy:

I dive a KISS and take up very little room

deepbluetech:
What's the odds on a quick stop in Newark to pick up two divers in dire need of some warm blue water?:buggy:

I dive a KISS and take up very little room

I actually fly the big jet into Newark quite a bit, but my plane would be cost prohibitive to bring that far north to turn and fly back. I'll be flying it up there though to do some wrecks with you guys sometime this spring. I'll see if I can stay a week or so in March over my vacation.

The only thing going on over here in March Is Beneath The Sea, most of the boats really don't run any charters at that time of the year, you may want to wait until April or May, I'm assuming you're diving dry. By the end of the month most of the local skippers will have their schedules squared away I'll send you the links and you can decide which dives you want to get on and we'll go and get wet.

DeepBlueTech,

As for the March diving - Darn, I'll see if I can change my vacation bid for later in the spring. I haven't been diving dry very long. I've just borrowed and rented in the past. I broke down and bought myself a Christmas present. I'm diving my new drysuit on Wednesday. I picked up a Zeagle Expedition GS. I just realized an hour ago that the boots won't fit into my fin pockets. I took it to the dive shop and guess what: gotta force in a large set of Jets, but they fit the Twin Jets and Mares Quattros fine. I know the fin thing has been beat up ten fold on this board, but I'm going to post a question on the new SP foot pockets in the Equip section.

Hey I will be in Orlando in March, does your plane go that far?

I know two guys that wouldn't mind a day trip for a little warm water wreck diving to get ready for dive season.

I could pick you guys up in Orlando. It's not a matter of far but how much gas. :) I have some vacation time in March. What week?

The wilks barre is right in your back yard. About 250+ to the sand, 230 in the aft cargo holds 180ish helm, sounds like a resonable advanced dive to me, especially when you have fishermen chumming the water near you, given it is a bit warmer 72F this summer at bottom, but it is a short boat ride from key west.

pos-tech:
The wilks barre is right in your back yard. About 250+ to the sand, 230 in the aft cargo holds 180ish helm, sounds like a resonable advanced dive to me, especially when you have fishermen chumming the water near you, given it is a bit warmer 72F this summer at bottom, but it is a short boat ride from key west.

I plan on doing the 'barre' later this year. It sounds like a good warm technical dive.

mempilot:
So, what's the next challenging dive to do? What's in this category of dives?

It's sometimes hard to read intent in the written word, so if I've mistaken your intent here, forgive me.

Having said that, it somewhat concerns me when I see someone express interest in a dive that appears to be strictly goal oriented.

I'm not speaking for you, but I've seen divers who seem in a rush to meet "challenges." IMO, one of the main reason that some of these dives are "challenges" is because they haven't gotten the requisite training or experience to make them comfortable or proficient.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom