Ankle weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_unique:
For those looking for honest opinions from personal experience beware of the divers who say anything like "if you use X you don't know how to dive yet". It's usually complete bull***** and they often have no idea what they are talking about.

--Matt
It could also be that they tried them and then got rid of them when they realized they didn't need them.

JeffG:
It could also be that they tried them and then got rid of them when they realized they didn't need them.

"THEY" - ie the individual.

There isnt a "one size fits all" for diving. What works for one person may well not work for somebody else.

I started diving in a drysuit and did without them for 15 years. I now like to spread my weight out in my BC, weightbelt and ankleweights.

If you just like to make things go ahead but I have spent a fortune trying to save money on dive gear. Most often I would have been money ahead to buy good no-frills gear from the start and be done with it.

Have Fun!

String:
"THEY" - ie the individual.

There isnt a "one size fits all" for diving. What works for one person may well not work for somebody else.
and some people never get past the crutch....but hey...what works...works. At least they are easy to recognize.

matt_unique:
Perfect example of someone who has no idea what they are talking about.
<snicker>

matt_unique:
Another purpose is to shift lead load from your mid-section.

--Matt

nicely said Matt, the very reason why I wear ankle weights.
I dive sometimes with an 8mil neoprene suit. i wear 13lbs and 1.5lb ankle weights, and thats perfect trim for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom