Annapolis to the US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sad.

Ok Kev, you've had your 5 minutes of internet trolling fame - Your dumb ass diploma is in the mail. Now move along and let the big kids talk.

Certainly understand the preference by those who invested time and energy in this project up in our sister country to the North (brrr). If it does not get settled in the court up there, I'd certainly rather see it sunk in California waters (preferably Catalina) than torn apart for scrap.

What a shame. I was really looking forward to diving a new wreck here on the island and was hoping they would drag her across an sink it in Nanaimo so they could have three great wrecks to dive.

Dang Nimby's!!!!!!

Catalina island would be a great spot for the wreck. I miss diving down there, use to go once a month or so when I lived in PHX. i absolutely loved the kelp forests, the ones up here just are not the same.

Steve

If HMCS Annapolis does come to offshore California, it would be fair to offer ARSBC & project volunteers deeply discounted charter rates and accommodation/lodging tour packages to dive the reefed ship -if that's any consolation for their hard work & time. (Actually I think that should be part of the deal to bring the ship down here).

We'll see if California Ships to Reef can mobilize funding in time to save this true & valuable "commodity" from the scrap heap. . . (What a opportunity --make it work!)

Yah, I'm in FL, but had a lot of Canadian friends when I lived in Soo, MI. Any idea when this will be resolved. Really hoping you guys get to keep the ship to reef it in Canadian waters. But, sadly, NIMBY's are the same everywhere.

I have strong sympathy for everyone in B.C who worked so hard to make that reefing happen. To come so close only to be bogged down by naysayers and enemies is heartbreaking.

I'm not a CSTR member, but will work with them hard to make your ship an artificial reef reality. If it does come down to San Diego, it'll be with the utmost respect and friendship that we will all work to sink it and preserve it's heritage.

Bill

Kevrumbo, we can be there in 24 hours.... If we drive without stopping to LA. Maybe a bit longer, something about a new bridge to dive first on the i5. I would really like to see it sunk. I degreased and degreased, and sent many new divers to help too. And most players on the la kings are canadians.

Kevrumbo, we can be there in 24 hours.... If we drive without stopping to LA. Maybe a bit longer, something about a new bridge to dive first on the i5. I would really like to see it sunk. I degreased and degreased, and sent many new divers to help too. And most players on the la kings are canadians.
Unfortunately you Canucks lately don't have the financial sense & wherewithal to keep your best home-grown hockey talent, as well as sink a ship for an artificial reef in homewaters. . .

Huh? Gb church, chaudiere, columbia, mackenzie, saskatchewan, 747, and cape breton... And one ready to go, except for politics thats prevented the sinking. I think weve done pretty good, and hockey? I dont watch or care, just posting stats from wiki.

Huh? Gb church, chaudiere, columbia, mackenzie, saskatchewan, 747, and cape breton... And one ready to go, except for politics thats prevented the sinking. I think weve done pretty good, and hockey? I dont watch or care, just posting stats from wiki.
Exactly! Y'all got a great history of sinking these ships to reefs . . .so what happened this time???

Just politics??? What a lame excuse you Canucks . . .and y'all deserve to lose this commodity (as well as your best hockey talent & sacred Stanley Cup).:crying2:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom