Announcing new line of SubGravity DPVs engineered by Bonex!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got a question. Why the Reference RS and not the standard Reference scooter?

it would seem to me to be more desirable to have an extra hours burn time over the additional speed that wouldn't be needed very often?

what is the normal max burn time at cruise speed of 150ft/min of the RS - I can't find that info?

The Reference is available by special order. We keep the Reference RS in inventory. The main reason we inventory the Reference RS is because we have a much higher demand for it. That said, if the added burn time that the standard Reference offers is important to you, we are more than happy to make one available for you.

Oh, and sorry, I don't have the info at home with me on the burn time specs (on Christmas Day), but one of us will post it here for you when we get back in the office.

Kind regards,
Randy

delta-v

We started to type up some instructions, and thought a video would be easier. Let us know if you have any questions!

This is great, thank you! I also received a reply to my query from the main AquaProp website sharing the same video link a few days ago.

According to the website reply, the ceramic stator is not user-serviceable (done at factory). However, the user manual implies that it should be done by the diver??? I'm exclusively diving saltwater so need to be clear on this point : )

Your video introduced two new aspects. First, aligning the existing grooves (worn into the rubber) when re-inserting the pin. Mine doesn't have any discernible grooves yet, but it's a good idea to watch out for them.

Second, I was told by the dealer to loosen one of the blue screws when removing the prop. In your video, it's being pulled off and replaced without bothering with the screws. I know the balls are spring-loaded, but hadn't thought of doing it this way. This will be VERY handy if the prop needs to be quickly removed, de-fouled and then replaced in a hurry. Great tip, thanks!

I've now used this scooter for all kinds of dives, including several excursions to its rated 90m max depth. Continue to be in awe of its power (given its tiny size) even with five bailout stages. Impressive!

what is the normal max burn time at cruise speed of 150ft/min of the RS - I can't find that info?

BB1 - you can view all the specs here: DPV.Sub-Gravity.com - let us know if you don't see something you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom