Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, what it really needs is a way to either set the Max PO2 for each individual gas, OR a way to mark certain gases as Deco Gas and then set a separate Max PO2 for deco gases.

I don't want it showing me the MOD at 1.6 for my bottom gas, but I also don't want it complaining at me for using deco gas at a PO2 of 1.6. or showing me the MOD for my deco gas based on PO2 of 1.4.

But, I suppose we have to live with it how it is. I don't expect to ever see another firmware update for it.

It's been almost a year since ScubaPro bought these computers. The only reason I can see for them not already releasing them with the ScubaPro name on them is if they made changes to the computer itself (more than just changing the name on the case and updating the firmware with bug fixes and enhancements). And if they did that, then the firmware for the SP version probably won't work on the SB version. And SP would have no reason to spend money making updated firmware for the SB version.

HOPEFULLY, I am wrong.

Let's see how this will end up. Hopefully someone from the "new guys" is reading all these posts and will gain the upcoming upgrades from it.

It's been almost a year since ScubaPro bought these computers. The only reason I can see for them not already releasing them with the ScubaPro name on them is if they made changes to the computer itself (more than just changing the name on the case and updating the firmware with bug fixes and enhancements). And if they did that, then the firmware for the SP version probably won't work on the SB version. And SP would have no reason to spend money making updated firmware for the SB version.

HOPEFULLY, I am wrong.

Why would you buy a company and then choose not to support the product? When Scubapro purchased Uwatec, they didn't change the hardware. Hopefully, the Seabear team will be more proactive with updates than Uwatec had been. Also bear in mind that SP has had computer recalls in the past, so there is likely a certain amount of CYA in the "fixed" release.

I suspect that SP will be releasing their new version of the computer during DEMA. They are so far behind everyone else especially after the Mantis debacle and can't afford to fark this up.

I really hope that they have not focused their efforts on integrating "human factors" into the new Seabear.

OK guys my seabear is winging its way back to seabear for repair 3rd time the lower screen has lost 20% of there lines so cant read the display i will keep you informed !!!

Has the Seabear company gone into financial liquidation ? I have sent them a dozen emails over several weeks , numerous Facebook page messages , and no response . One of the screws on my H3 has fallen out , and the battery no longer charges . There doesn't seem to be distributor for Seabear in Australia that will repair my H3. I am really starting to regret ever purchasing this computer . I also own Shearwater and Heinrichs Weikamp tech computers , and they always respond to questions with 24 hours . Is Seabear just another "flash in the pan" dive company ? Has anyone else had problems ?

Has the Seabear company gone into financial liquidation ? I have sent them a dozen emails over several weeks , numerous Facebook page messages , and no response . One of the screws on my H3 has fallen out , and the battery no longer charges . There doesn't seem to be distributor for Seabear in Australia that will repair my H3. I am really starting to regret ever purchasing this computer . I also own Shearwater and Heinrichs Weikamp tech computers , and they always respond to questions with 24 hours . Is Seabear just another "flash in the pan" dive company ? Has anyone else had problems ?
Try contacting SCUBAPRO.
They purchased Seabear.

Have you tried contacting

Southern Cross Diving
3/235 Spit Rd, Mosman
Sydney, NSW 2088
AU
barry@southerncrossdivers.com
Phone 612 996 95072

Sub Gravity has them listed as a dealer. Maybe they can help.

Thanks guys . I'll try Barry. So far I've sent 15 emails and 5 facebook messenger messages to Seabear - not one reply.
5 forms submitted to Johnson's Outdoor - no reply .
1 email to Scubapro - no reply
2 emails to where it was purchased (divestock.com) - 2 replies stating that they are waiting for a reply from Seabear.
An owner of a Seabear product would start to be a bit concerned at this stage. I'm really regretting having purchased a H3. Glad i have a Shearwater and an Heinrichs Weikamp computer.

It's weird that @gizmo1972 seems to be having no trouble making arrangements and sending his H3 to SeaBear for repair and yet @r_servadei can't get the time of day.

I've had my H3 for a bit over 6 months and 40-something dives and it is still flawless (knock on wood!).

It's weird that @gizmo1972 seems to be having no trouble making arrangements and sending his H3 to SeaBear for repair and yet @r_servadei can't get the time of day.

I've had my H3 for a bit over 6 months and 40-something dives and it is still flawless (knock on wood!).
No response from anyone associated with Seabear products for 6 weeks after multiple attempts ( not a peep ). I've noticed that they haven't updated their facebook page for 1 year. Their website hasn't changed . No firmware updates. I think Seabear have absconded with the cash.

Back
Top Bottom