Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok I have my unit back its all good!
But I'm sensing that scubapro is holding back the AI
Not happy with that!!!

Ok I have my unit back its all good!
But I'm sensing that scubapro is holding back the AI
Not happy with that!!!
Scubapro has been saying they will launch at DEMA. I would hold them at their word and not expect anything before

Scubapro has been saying they will launch at DEMA again.

There, fixed.

Scubapro has been saying they will launch at DEMA again.

There, fixed.

ScubaPro never said that. They just announced the acquisition at last DEMA.

ScubaPro never said that. They just announced the acquisition at last DEMA.
I'm pretty sure ascubapro rep actually posted about it here on scubaboard. The statement wasn't made at DEMA, the statement was made here about DEMA. Twice.

ScubaPro has been unresponsive to 3 posts of mine in the Manufacturers Forum starting in early January. We'll find out when we find out.

I'm pretty sure ascubapro rep actually posted about it here on scubaboard. The statement wasn't made at DEMA, the statement was made here about DEMA. Twice.

I think a Sub Gravity rep said it. Sub Gravity is/was the authorized US distributor for SeaBear - not ScubaPro. A rep said it. Not a ScubaPro rep.

I think a Sub Gravity rep said it. Sub Gravity is/was the authorized US distributor for SeaBear - not ScubaPro. A rep said it. Not a ScubaPro rep.

I never let the facts spoil a good pun.

I was on a conference call with a scubapro engineer on the team working on this. They are prohibited from revealing details. We were able to get that everything is on schedule and there will be no product released until it is introduced at DEMA. He did not want to answer re AI but in a round about way said it will be part of the introduction under the Scubapro label. I did not ask if it would be backward compatible.

He did not want to answer re AI but in a round about way said it will be part of the introduction under the Scubapro label. I did not ask if it would be backward compatible.

No, the current generation H3-s don't have the RF antenna (and there is no room inside the DC left for one). All they have is a flat NFC antenna for interfacing with mobile phones, but that's different. So, unfortunately, the AI feature will not be backwards compatible.

Personally, I think that ScubaPro will very likely offer some sort of reasonable upgrade program to first generation owners to take care of the high failure rate problems of the original H3 units. So, not all is lost. Let's hang on and see what will happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom