Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have sent them a dozen emails over several weeks , numerous Facebook page messages , and no response . One of the screws on my H3 has fallen out , and the battery no longer charges .... Has anyone else had problems ?

Yeap, I had the breaking/falling screw problem twice already along with two other problems. After returning the last H3 for third time to SubGravity in May, they told me that they ran out of working units to send me and have to wait for direction from Johnson Outdoors. Since then the only update I have been getting periodically is that Johnson Outdoors are working on a solution - no further details.

Would be nice if at least Johnson Outdoors would comment on their plans for the successor of the H3 and what they will do to sort out the mess with the slew of dedective H3 units. My sense is that resolving the issues that people are experiencing will take a serious engineering effort and a new model. Pretty much the only sane option for them will be to run an upgrade program of sorts for all existing H3 owners to the new model when it comes out. All we can do at the moment is hold tight and wait. Good thing there are Shearwaters and Oceanics out there that are solid.

Yeap, I had the breaking/falling screw problem twice already along with two other problems. After returning the last H3 for third time to SubGravity in May, they told me that they ran out of working units to send me and have to wait for direction from Johnson Outdoors. Since then the only update I have been getting periodically is that Johnson Outdoors are working on a solution - no further details.

Would be nice if at least Johnson Outdoors would comment on their plans for the successor of the H3 and what they will do to sort out the mess with the slew of dedective H3 units. My sense is that resolving the issues that people are experiencing will take a serious engineering effort and a new model. Pretty much the only sane option for them will be to run an upgrade program of sorts for all existing H3 owners to the new model when it comes out. All we can do at the moment is hold tight and wait. Good thing there are Shearwaters and Oceanics out there that are solid.

The lack of communication doesn't inspire any confidence in Seabear products , or Johnson Outdoors for that matter . In fact it rings warning bells !
Based on my experience with Seabear's products , lack of communication from Seabear and Johnson's outdoor regarding a minor problem resolution , no Seabear Facebook or web page activity in 12 months ,and no firmware updates , sounds like something serious has occurred - and that the customer has been left "holding the bag" .
That really is deplorable.

This just in from SubGravity... Johnson Outdoors are offering to replace all defective H3s with either ScubaPro M2 (with transmitter) or Galileo (not clear which version or if transmitter included). Fair enough. Need to submit the following online form to get the exchange: https://sub-gravity.com/subgravity-service-bulletin

This just in from SubGravity... Johnson Outdoors are offering to replace all defective H3s with either ScubaPro M2 (with transmitter) or Galileo (not clear which version or if transmitter included). Fair enough. Need to submit the following online form to get the exchange: https://sub-gravity.com/subgravity-service-bulletin

What a joke! Trade a trimix-capable computer with a nice, color display and an industry-accepted algorithm (Buhlmann with Gradient Factors) for a non-trimix computer with a black and white LCD display and an algorithm that incorporates a bunch of proprietary crap that has no basis in any published science. Is there any published data anywhere that supports the notion that heart rate or breathing rate affects tissue loading and decompression obligations? If so, how about a single published, peer-reviewed algorithm that incorporates those parameters?

I sure hope this is just a first step, and they actually make a decent offer to replace SeaBear H3s with ScubaPro H3s that are still worth having (i.e. still support trimix and Buhlmann ZHL-16C w/Gradient Factors)

On reflection, I guess I shouldn't be SO harsh. If you have a dead H3, I guess having a working M2 or Galileo is better than nothing. I mean, it could be the difference between diving or not diving.

But, it's certainly no help for anyone using an H3 for trimix dives. SP doesn't have any trimix computer at all, currently.

Like I said, hopefully this is just a first step, based on the products they currently actually have available, and they will do even better once they release the SP H3.

It's interesting that the older Galileos and Lunas had a trimix upgrade. The newer, "improved" versions of these computers do not yet have a trimix upgrade available.

What a joke! Trade a trimix-capable computer with a nice, color display and an industry-accepted algorithm (Buhlmann with Gradient Factors) for a non-trimix computer with a black and white LCD display and an algorithm that incorporates a bunch of proprietary crap that has no basis in any published science. Is there any published data anywhere that supports the notion that heart rate or breathing rate affects tissue loading and decompression obligations? If so, how about a single published, peer-reviewed algorithm that incorporates those parameters?

I sure hope this is just a first step, and they actually make a decent offer to replace SeaBear H3s with ScubaPro H3s that are still worth having (i.e. still support trimix and Buhlmann ZHL-16C w/Gradient Factors)

Don't worry Stu, the new SP Seabear will have that wonderful bio-algorithm baked in. I hear that you will have to wear 12 ECG probes including one in your anus to accurately measure body temp.

It's interesting that the older Galileos and Lunas had a trimix upgrade. The newer, "improved" versions of these computers do not yet have a trimix upgrade available.
I suspect because divers using trimix probably switch to a different computer once they get into technical diving. I bet they didn't sell enough upgrades to warrant development on the new computer.

Why do I always click this thread when I see it at the top of the list in the hopes of seeing a transmitter for seabear? I should know better by now...

Don't worry Stu, the new SP Seabear will have that wonderful bio-algorithm baked in. I hear that you will have to wear 12 ECG probes including one in your anus to accurately measure body temp.

In which case, if my H3 breaks, hopefully they'll still let me trade it for an M2 with a transmitter, so I can sell that and buy something decent. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom