Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Consider yourself fortunate that you still have a fully functional H3 .
The majority of the posts are not about H3 problems , rather the non-existent product support and warranty for the H3 .
The truth is if your Seabear H3 breaks under warranty , if the battery eventually needs replacing - you might as well throw it in the trash , because Scubapro or Seabear ain't going to replace it or fix it.

Scubapro or Seabear ain't going to replace it or fix it.

Well, they are going to replace it, if under warranty. Just not with an H3.

Consider yourself fortunate that you still have a fully functional H3 .
The majority of the posts are not about H3 problems , rather the non-existent product support and warranty for the H3 .
The truth is if your Seabear H3 breaks under warranty , if the battery eventually needs replacing - you might as well throw it in the trash , because Scubapro or Seabear ain't going to replace it or fix it.

This isn't true at all, SP is offering the Galileo as a replacement for the H3. I don't know what else you expect them to do here.

This isn't true at all, SP is offering the Galileo as a replacement for the H3. I don't know what else you expect them to do here.

Nope. They're offering a M2. (Probably because they have a lot of those in stock).

What do we expect them to do? Hmm...two years after the acquisition, I'd expect them to have a SP branded Seabear out there. I also expect more than a color Galileo. They have fallen so far behind everone else, it's ridiculous. Our shop, a SP loyalist, has now moved to Shearwater and Suunto.

Anyone have a Hydros in stock? That's a joke BTW.

My understanding is you can choose a Galileo or an M2 with an AI transmitter. At least one person posted in this thread that they got the M2 w/AI and then immediately sold it for more than they paid for their H3.

They're offering a M2. (Probably because they have a lot of those in stock).

Perhaps M2 in addition to Galileo but they are taking care of customers with the BEST they have now. To say that they are leaving people without options is totally untrue.

What do we expect them to do? Hmm...two years after the acquisition, I'd expect them to have a SP branded Seabear out there. I also expect more than a color Galileo.

They do not want to put out a product that doesn't meet their quality standards. They seem to have found that the SeaBear computers weren't up to their quality standards and are working on an alternative but they won't rush into releasing anything until it does. One or two years aren't enough to actually make a reliable advanced computer that meets advanced recreational/technical divers' demands and be safe to use. Just look at Atomic and how long it is taking them to come out with a hoseless AI computer now.

I actually see it as SP holding out for quality and not selling out and give in to pressure to rush a product to the market that doesn't meet quality standards. This is very positive and should be commended.

I actually see it as SP holding out for quality and not selling out and give in to pressure to rush a product to the market that doesn't meet quality standards. This is very positive and should be commended.

Yes, if this is indeed the story behind the silence after the acquisition. Then again, the lack of communication can be interpreted in any number of ways, not all of them necessarily favorable to Johnson Outdoors. The success of Shearwater has a lot to do with their support for their customers and their good communication. Whatever rapport SeaBear managed to cultivate with their customers to a large degree thanks to SubGravity's efforts seems to have mostly melted away due to poor communication. They will have a lot of catching up and explaining to do to regain their market share if/when they come out of the darkness. The exchange program is a damage control measure, yes. But there is so much more they could have done to reassure the community. A huge missed opportunity. But we shall see.

I am not sure of what you want them to do with the SeaBear's customer other than offer them their top of the line computers as a replacement.

M2 is not their top computer. Galileo is. They're not offering that. Most people are selling their M2s on eBay then trading up to another color computer. Galileos are OLD technology.

Are you suggesting that SP's acquisition of Seabear was an ill-thought bad business decision? I am. 2 years is more than enough time to integrate and get the Seabear out there.

SP is having problems deliverying new innovative products. It's getting tired having to explain to customers why we can't sell them a Hydros because SP have none or why they have to buy a crappy old computer if they want PFL. I was at DEMA and could not believe just how boring and unexciting their booth was.

Back
Top Bottom