Annual fantasy lake 'stupid dive'...i mean, 'new year's day dive'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
it's that time again, so plan on doing a dip in the balmy tropicalness that is the quarry on january first!

ncdivers dot com usually gather at the beach, near the portapotty, at about 10am. we have warm food and christmas drysuits and outright lies about how warm we were on that dive and reminiscences about tom in the wetsuit. everyone is encouraged to come on down! woo hoo! build that nc team spirit! :cheerleader:

really, 'new' divers or 'new to the area' divers or 'very experienced' divers - all are welcome. bring food for the community table and your gear and come on!

Would love to be there, but a bit of a drive from Va. Beach, plus I will be in Wilmington Jan.03 diving with Aquatic.
Cassimir & Normannia. WooHoo.

Good chance I will be there.....now wheather I dive or not, that's another question.

just givin' a bit of a bump, and letting folks know i'll be in a spankin' new (to me) drysuit and new (to all!) she-p!

i'll be the one in the black with bright bright yellow top and p-valve.

a shameless thread bump to encourage everyone to shock the hangovers right out of your system with a frigid dive!

plus it'll be the day after larry's birthday, so he might have to dive wet just for our amusement. of course, we'll have to catch him...

How cold is the quarry in January, ive only been there once...in mid October and it was 65 at the surface.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Count me in! My dry suit is ready, my tanks are full, and it doesnt matter how cold it is, I cant wait.

Herman & Baby Duck, it will be good to meet you guys finally.

See you guys next Thursday!

Frankie

How cold is the quarry in January, ive only been there once...in mid October and it was 65 at the surface.

Most likely in the low 50's. If that's too cold, just come out and meet the gang. There will be plenty of food and fun.

I plan to be there Frankie. Dropped by your office the other day but you were not home.

Sorry about that Herman. I was in Pennsylvania last Wednesday thru Friday. I moved the family down last weekend. So that means we are down here for good.

I'm assuming you found my desk, then?

I will see you on Thursday. I will be in a burgandy Pathfinder with PA plates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom