Annual Lake Travis Underwater Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are affiliated with the University of Texas in any way (currently attending, working, teaching, etc), then you are more than welcome to sign up with the University SCUBA Club. I'm not sure as to which shops are signing up, but I'd assume (in no particular order): Oak Hill SCUBA, SCUBALand, Dive World, and Tom's for sure. I would hope Royal is on the list, too, but Nico's been pretty quiet around the board lately. We need to get a running list going of all the groups attending so people know what group could best fit their "needs".

Safe bet list:
Shops: Oak Hill Scuba, Royal Scuba, Scubaland, Toms Dive & Swim (Note: Alphabetical order)
Clubs: Pisces, TCEU, UT Scuba Club

Not sure how Lake Travis Scuba plans to participate (Robert?)

I've got a sign up list started at Oak Hill Scuba. Please call the shop @ 892-4900 or email mack@oakhillscuba.com to sign up. I'm not sure which site we'll get. Last year we had Windy Point.

Hello all, Clearwater Divers most certainly has a team and we are not "winding down".

We are under new management, with the same instructors and we are currently remodeling and updating our lines.

Please come on by and sign-up for the cleanup and see what's going on, we should have the same site that we had for the last two years.

Thanks,

Aaron

Last edited:
Nope, actually, I'm just here during the week days running the shop for the summer for the new manager while I take some time off of my "regular" job. George is in Honduras and is not running the shop anymore but we are still affiliated with him as our instructor trainer and more.

That's really all I can say but please come on by and say hi and see what we are trying to do. Which is keep the same type of atmosphere of being able to come and hang out (which is why we came to Clearwater Divers to begin with) but with a good bit of spit and polish.

I am not in anyway an official spokesman of the shop so this is just me talking. Our new manager is in the shop on Sat and Sun so come and talk to him if you guys have other specific questions.

Actually, the 2 shops saying that we have closed has brought in a lot business with people looking for deals so I've been happy to sell off a lot of the older stuff :wink:

Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to this year's Lake Cleanup and we will have a good group of people going.

Thanks,

Aaron

Last edited:
As a quick note...

Clearwater Divers will actually be at Windy Point for the cleanup this year.

Thanks

Aaron

Safe bet list:
Shops: Oak Hill Scuba, Royal Scuba, Scubaland, Toms Dive & Swim (Note: Alphabetical order)
Clubs: Pisces, TCEU, UT Scuba Club

Not sure how Lake Travis Scuba plans to participate (Robert?)

I've got a sign up list started at Oak Hill Scuba. Please call the shop @ 892-4900 or email mack@oakhillscuba.com to sign up. I'm not sure which site we'll get. Last year we had Windy Point.

Hey Mack, you told me that y'all had little devils cove this year, but I forgot to ask whether you had your sign up sheet when I was in yesterday:(

Consider me signed on, let me know if I need to come by and fill out anything to make it official.

If you would like to volunteer and don't have a dive shop to go with, the KAB event manager will assign you to a group.

You can sign up at this website

Lake Travis Underwater Cleanup | Keep Austin Beautiful

If you have family and friends that don't dive, they can volunteer to help with shoreline cleanup at this website to register.

Really appreciate all the dive shops, volunteers, Mack for posting this thread to have a great underwater clean up this year.

See you at the Lake and Carlos and Charlies for the party..........:D

Shawn O'Shea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom