Another Bolt Snap Source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arron,

I use Large and XL for the SPG and long hose. Med. for the back up lights. You gotta go with what works for your gloves. I know of some divers that use the Med. in cold water.

Eric

Jeff,

They are smaller, didn't notice that at first. Still would work for you. Nix's is also a great source.

Eric

ericfine50 once bubbled...
They are smaller, didn't notice that at first. Still would work for you.

Do you really think so? I don't have my d-rings in front of me, but 3/16s of an inch seems pretty tight to be trying to get something unclipped in a pinch. *shrug*

The problem I'm having is that larger bolt snaps mean a larger ring, not necessarily a larger snap, which would be the important part. Gary & I ordered a bunch of "large" SS snaps from reefscuba along with a couple mediums. We are sending the large ones back, since the only difference between large and medium was the larges had an ENORMOUS ring.

Lowes in Manchester, CT has a bunch of various sized bolt snaps that are fairly inexpensive. I think I may just go pick and choose what I need.

What do y'all do with your game bag? I was thinking about stuffing it in the lift-bag pouch on the backplate until I caught something, and then clipping it off to the left waist dring. Thoughts?

Arron,

That would work - Make sure you can get the bag cleanly out of the backplate pad. You could also put it on the Butt D-ring.

For the Snaps - Sorry about the larges from RS. Make sure the Lowes Snaps have SS springs.

Eric

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
Lowes in Manchester, CT has a bunch of various sized bolt snaps that are fairly inexpensive. I think I may just go pick and choose what I need.

Check them closely. It took me forever to even find SS snaps locally. I finally did at my local True Value. However they ended up being suicide bolt snaps... you could push a line into the gate and get the gate to open.

Luckily my buddy is a dental technician, so he ground them all down for me; but I gave him all my spares for payment for services rendered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom