Another end of dive collapse...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is Joe. and this is my story. I started this adventure on sound footing. Not unlike this web site, which is giving me fits. I will post tomorrow, when I am more rested.

Welcome to SB, Joe!

Glad you're here to post.

Dave "Sasquatch" Smith

Joe! Yay! It's very good to hear from you and we all hope you're resting very well indeed.

Scuba Joe:
This is Joe. and this is my story. I started this adventure on sound footing. Not unlike this web site, which is giving me fits. I will post tomorrow, when I am more rested.

Joe ... So glad to see that your doing well! Thanks for sharing Rick. As a new diver, this is like a scared strait program for moving onto a rescue diver course. So very impressive to see how everyone reacted. Amazing ... and scary ... especially for Joe.

I look forward to reading more and I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Good to see you here Joe. Rest well and let us know how you are doing.

HI Joe...so you did a there and back again....So glad you were in good hands. Welcome back... and to SB. Thanks for sharing the story too. Hank

Welcome to SB, Joe. We're all very glad you're back among the living and our best wishes for your continued recovery. Thanks, Rick, for sharing this incident. My hat's off to all who assisted in the rescue efforts. Well done! As divers, we all should be proficient in basic first aid and O2 administration. For any diver who hasn't taken the Rescue Dive course yet, my advice is to run, don't walk, to your nearest LDS and sign up. For those of us who have taken it, a refresher at least once a year would be in order. We can't always count on the pros to be on every dive boat. A little know-how can go a long way toward helping other "Joe"s we dive with.

A few years ago one of our fellow divers had a similar experience, but he wasn't so fortunate: he had a heart attack in the water at the surface, was able to make it back onto the boat, but did not survive the all our best efforts to revive him.

Scuba Joe:

Joe

Go rest and get well. This board is not going anywhere. You are a blessed man to ahve all the right people in the right places. I wish you well and hope you can clear to dive again soon.

I am glad you are doing well, Joe. Again, great response from the people on the boat. I fear that I would not have been much help and that just cannot continue. I am checking into some places that can provide me with, at the least, basic first aid training.

Randy

Rick, Great job!!!!

Joe, Welcome to Scubaboard! Glad you're doing well and looking forward to a report.

Back
Top Bottom