another good day away from work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwade

Contributor
Reaction score
Thunder Bay Ontario, usually found Under the Ice o
# of dives
A good day under water beats a good day at work, any day.
Water temp, a balmy 0.7C 33F

Attachments

• set.jpg
    set.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 104
  • ice dive weather.jpg
    ice dive weather.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 90
  • ZX50D.jpg
    ZX50D.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 94
I'm all for a good day under water beats a day at work, (actullly beats a lot of things!) but, my gosh, are you guys completely nuts? :) I think it's cold when the water here in SoCal is in the 60s.

:blessing: Two thumbs up!!!

There is NO F-ing way you could get me to do that. Nice Novas thou :D

Nice!
But exactly how do you go about changing when your zipper's freeze :rofl3:

Are we nuts? No, prepared - yes
60f water is WAY too warm for me, even mid summer at depth it's 36 ish

We know what does and does not work in these conditions, so those
Who ask about Regs in " cold " water.... Zeagle WORKS!!

Zippers freezing? Na, just undo it within about 10mins of exiting
The water, no probs.

I'll probably manage to get several more " cool water dives " in over the next few weeks.

:wink:

I lived for almost 30 years in the NE US and I could never get get my butt out of bed early in the morning when it is freezing cold out, drive for an hour or two to get to the freezing lake only to go under the ice just for fun. I come from the desert, I have limits to how cold I can take.

LOL @ Burhan. The really great part of these dives is, because the ice is over a foot thick you can drive right to where you want to dive :D

Just make sure you have a well tuned chainsaw to access the water!
This is a great way to enjoy a " chilly " day

I can't tell you how many times I was invited to go ice diving with my very good friend and ice diving expert and I agreed only to pile more blankets on me after I look out the window and see the snow out there and then go back to sleep. No self respecting Bedouin would be caught under the ice. My people would seriously think that I went absolutely mad.

I am back living in Libya now with my two sons who were both born in NY. Our neighbors used to come to me and tell me that they are surprised that my sons were going to the grocery store in shorts during the winter where it is 70F. They think that it is crazy to wear shorts in such cold weather. The neighbors stopped coming to me about my sons since they saw me going diving and coming back home in my beach shorts from the dives in the middle of the Winter even when it was raining. Every time I come back from diving, I can just feel people's stares from behind their doors. They must all be saying "here is that crazy man going into the sea again in this cold, freezing weather."

Last edited:
are we nuts? No, prepared - yes
60f water is way too warm for me, even mid summer at depth it's 36 ish

we know what does and does not work in these conditions, so those
who ask about regs in " cold " water.... Zeagle works!!

Zippers freezing? Na, just undo it within about 10mins of exiting
the water, no probs.

I'll probably manage to get several more " cool water dives " in over the next few weeks.

:wink:

amen brother!! :d

Back
Top Bottom