Another new member, old-ish diver.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nlbford

Contributor
Reaction score
:)

Hello. I'm a California diver certified about 9 years ago and after a fast start have about 350 dives under my belt and my wife and I are now logging at a slower rate than we'd like because we are getting our famil of future divers started.

I dive mostly in California - the Channel Islands to be more specific - and have travelled to several points on the globe to do live aboard trips as well as land based dive travel. In fact my wife and I met on a group trip to Bonaire (we joke we traveled a quarter way around the globe to find we lived a mile from each other) several years ago.

I do underwater video for pleasure as an offshoot of my job as a video editor/animator/effects artist and do photgraphy as well. Currently I am working on a DVD project with some video shorts I have done on the various destinations I have dived. Also, I have in the works (sometimes more at rest than in the works) a website to showcase that work as well as some travel and other dive related stuff.

As I said, my diving has slowed slightly from monthly overnighters to the Islands to a few trips a year and an annual dive travel trip to somewhere cool (though this year was an abort for professional reasons :( ), but my passion for blowing bubbles has not diminished at all, so I am hoping I get some vicarious fix from this board. Looks like a cool and informative place. I look forward to finding out more about it. Thanks to those responsible for making a place to do that.

I hope. As pointed out it beats the only other choice.

As one pushing 50 myself (AAAAK!), I find hanging out with the "youngsters" invigorating. If a bit tiring. It gives me more motivation to hit the gym, so I can keep up.

Make your ascents=your decents!

KYDan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom