Another newb looking for some advise + general questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loremoon

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everybody.

I'm a complete newb at scuba diving, but looking to get some scuba gear because the rental gear is... well... not perfect (lets leave it at that).

I know I will be regretting and buying and upgrading later, but at least if I do upgrade, I will have some gear to fall back on. Anyway, just had a few questions (and yes, they are going to be really dumb)

1. I'm currently looking at a Oceanic Oceanpro or the Aquatec Elite Tec. The Aquatec fits me perfect (but have not had the chance to dive with it), and the Oceanpro, I've had not the pleasure of trying on. I know I should have asked at the shop, but in Australia, Dive shops are hard to come by. My local area has none, the CBD has one and all the famous beachs have one each, unfortunately, working time and shop opening hours clash heavily, but I will one day go and try the Oceanpro as well.
Which one is a better product? Personal opinions would help greatly.

2. Can you unmount a computer on a console and mount it on a wrist strap and vice versa?

3. What does a transmitter do?
(I'm assuming it reads how much as is left in the tank, but is that all it does? Or is there more to it? And is it worth getting?)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom