Another newbie mistake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An alternate method of getting air to the diver is the old garden hose trick. You still need a firest stage or some way of getting low pressure air into a hose that will take is. Drop the other end into the water and you can get breaths off it at depth.

In commercial diving it is referred to as breathing off your pnumo hose. The pnumo hose is a pnumophathometer that is usually attached vis a needle valve to a gage that reads in Feet Sae Water. Compressed air is plumbed to it off the breathing supply and shot down to the open end at the diver. When shut off the pressure of the water, at depth, is read on the gage topside to get the divers depth.

It is just an open ended hose and in commercial dive training you learn to berath off of it either by stuffing it into your helmet of just getting air straight out of it. Kind of like blowing air down a garden hose.

Randolphscott:
I took both of my regulator sets in for service and won't get 'em back for at least a week! What an idiot!

Now, I'm jones'n for a dive.

Has anyone ever tried just sipping air out of the tank valve? No first stage??

Let the lectures begin...:D

Geez Louise! Why do you think you HAVE two regulators?
Let me get my ears...
THWAP!

Next time you screw up like that you're getting more than a thwap with my ears :toilet
Ber :lilbunny:

I know, I know. I figured it'd get me to do my taxes. I'm still filing an extension, though. I need a CPA.

If I wasn't so broke from the taxes, I'd get one of them new DR HURRICANES. Can you write off obsessions?

Thanks for the HM descriptions. I'm going to try it!

edit: Hurricanes, blizzards, something like that...

Randolphscott:
I took both of my regulator sets in for service and won't get 'em back for at least a week! What an idiot!

Now, I'm jones'n for a dive.

Has anyone ever tried just sipping air out of the tank valve? No first stage??

Let the lectures begin...:D

Just plan your dive well ie if you're going to make a max depth dive of let's say 50', get a 55' straw with no collapsible sides...you ought to be able to get a little air thru it.......

Ber Rabbit:
Next time you screw up like that you're getting more than a thwap with my ears :toilet
Ber :lilbunny:

Do you mean something more like an ear cuffing??? :D

And when do we practice our air sharing ascents again??? :eyebrow: :wink: :D :blinking: :11: :shakehead :rofl3:

I took mine in for service last Saturday and they told me 10 days .. Oh well :(
I do some things and come home and there is a message on my answering machine .. they're done, come pick them up! :jump:
not very busy I guess

Can I borrow your regulators, Comrade Diver?

Hey, you changed your avatar and we can't see your face now!

I'm thinking more serious now about getting those Blizzards.

Anyone here have an opinion (HA!)? Off to the equipment forums...

!0

Oh, I almost forgot. A tormato is a tornado that occurs over a tomato field and is also a collection of whimsical lyric and song from a particular 70's acid rock group (Yeah Baybee!).

I'm not yet sure how I'm going there. That's why it's gradual.

:eyebrow:

I learned to take a weight belt and a tank and go diving. Yes, it was showing off, back in the day. ( late 70's ) I learned that from my mentor Jeff Sauger a PADI MI ( and one time PADI Regional Manager ) one of the best divers I ever met. We did it a little different we would not keep the valve cracked allowing free flow.

Bubble-less well 1/2 we couldn't hide our exhales!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom