Silly rinsing mistake. Now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The spg is just a bourdon tube instrument. Getting the tube filled with silicone would be a trick and keeping it in there each time the spg is depressurized more of a trick. Not worth the effort for something so inexpensive. One tiny bubble at 3000 psi would evacuate the tube at 0 psi into the hose. What a mess that would make of things.
I think you’re right.
I’ll take that idea behind the barn and shoot it.

I now have enough equipment that I need to learn to do some of the service on my own. I am a long way from doing that, but to start, how and why do you use the IP gauge?
It plugs in to the inflation hose on your reg set.

How do you know what the pressure should be in your stage 2?
The service manual for your first stage specified the correct pressure.

And why do you use it before and after every dive, don't you think that is overkill?
It is overkill, but I find it fun to know exactly what my regs are doing. I do it mostly because it is part or my routine for unpacking and setting up my gear. I don't always check between dives on the same day. I don't use it after every dive, if you re-read my quote, I only use it when putting away the gear after the last dive of a trip. It's part my routine for packing my gear away for storage until the next trip.

Does how often you dive make a difference?
I would check it at least at the beginning of every trip/weekend.

I dive almost every week, but being that I have 3 kids that dive, their regulators are not use as often. Would that make a difference?
Check before use, if you dive infrequently, you check infrequently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom