Another reason explaining how the jewfish got its name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JEWEL-fish makes the most sence, however, if you look at a map of Catalina Island for tourists it is spelled JEW-fish.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????

Why dont they have a Christian fish, or Buda fish, or a Muslum fish .....ect????
They do have a Devil-fish ??????
what about a HARRY CHRISTNA- fish????
I'm sure I spelled harry christnia wrong!
hahahhahhahahh!!!!

I like to think the answer is Jewel-fish,...... however human behavior and human history tells me its probably Jewfish for some mean spirited reason.
Remember before the age of 911, microwaves, rock-n-roll, and the internet life was harsh.
Now were all kissin cousins,.......or thats what the PC crowd and MTV tells us.
If you think thats just a old european thing, I suggest you look at the atrocities as the pioneers moved west.
I dont mean just whites killing indians, I mean wholesale mayhey of every sort.
Some killings were just, some unjust, some neccessary, and some precautionary, some insane.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????

Its Probably JEWfish, and its probably not a nice reason.

I'll bet anyone $5.00, who can prove that I'm worng.

Oh, how wrong you are, my dear Catherine. They still talk about your antics at the Chi Chi and Marlin Clubs!

LOL!

It's true. Or there was more than one Catherine in Catalina. I get a headache just thinking about those places.

And further more, where I live we have a "German Brown Trout".
I have never seen a brown german, and the fish is pink on the bottom and silver on top????

Am I just missing some thing about the whole issue??????

Why dont they have a Christian fish,
Whoa bubba, there is the Jesus fish. At least that's what one of my friends calls it whenever it steals his bait or he misses a strike.

Everytime we run a trip I guarantee they will see the rare Brooklyn Jewfish in the water. It's one main reason we do not allow spearfishing when i am there.

Cheers

:D

As a living fossil, you are automatically on the "no catch" list.

Everytime we run a trip I guarantee they will see the rare Brooklyn Jewfish in the water. It's one main reason we do not allow spearfishing when i am there.

Cheers

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom