Another Seattleite joins the group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgleason

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings!

I have been looking for a site like this. Presently, I am reasearching what dive computer to get. Suunto Vyper or Cobra seem to be what I have narrowed it down to. I have found that if I buy really good equipment, it pays off in the long run.

Although I was certified about fifteen years ago, my diving experience is limited to the occasional check of a mooring bouy chain or survey of a boat hull. I am hoping to do more diving now that one of my friends has just been certified.

Hi there, and welcome to ScubaBoard!! I'm 60 miles north of Seattle myself!! I think that you are really going to enjoy it here!

If you have any questions or problems, or you just want to chat, PM me, or e-mail me at kayla@scubaboard.com !!

Have fun, and safe diving!
Kayla

Heya and welcome to the Board! I have the Vyper and love it, if I could do it all over again, I would have (listened to my husband and) gone with the Cobra just for the air intergration feature. IMO, it would have been worth the little extra then, now I have to buy the whole thing over (the kiddies are excited about their "to be" new dive computer) You might want to (If you haven't already) post something in this forum

Cheers,
Vickie

Those are good computers, but there are a couple of new DiveRite and ScubaPro ones coming out after the first of the year that are very nice.

Jack

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

Check out the Pacific Northwest forum for new, local buddies. It would help in future diving discussions if you'd complete your Dive Info. You can use the Quick Links in the bar above for such changes. And sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
Follow DandyDon's advice and check out the "PNW Orca Bait" forum for more dive buddies for you and your newly certified buddy, you'll also find activities to keep you diving around the whole PNW.
Settle in for a lot of reading on the computer issue, I just recently bought one, so I'm taking a break before going back into that forum.
Happy to have you with us.

STOCK MESSAGE
Hmm. Maybe.
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
Now get wet with us and dive into the forums to ask questions, answer those that you can and even chat with folks about diving dreams and nightmares. ScubaBoard is a great place to spend your required Surface Intervals.
Again, Welcome to the greatest addiction!
It's so easy to forget the things that we love, but here at ScubaBoard, we're all doing our dead level best to maintain the highest level of SCUBA ADDICTION possible.
Please stay with us, interact, and keep your need to get wet alive!
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved to where it can receive better attention.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
[size=+3]Merry Christmas![/size]

Tom

Hello jgleason, welcome to Scubaboard! All my good advice has already been given so I'll leave it at, "Hi!" See you around the board!

Welcome Jgleason!
I have a Suunto Cobra and really love it, but there are plenty of wonderful computers out there to choose.
I hope to do a dry suit class some day and dive in your waters. I once saw a rather large orca near Victoria, B.C. that was larger than the boat I was on. (now that is a tall fish tail...)ha!
Diver Dan

Hello there jgleason, my name is Matt and I wanted to welcome you to the community. I think it’s the best board on the internet for divers. The people on here make it a really friendly place. It’s a great place to see what’s going on with divers. Just wanted to make you feel welcome! If you’d like to chat, please PM me.
Take care. :butnhome:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Hey you misspelled satellite! And I'm not sure we have any other satellites as members... You may be the first. I know that there was an orbital space station but he doesn't post much anymore.

In any event, glad you found us! Welcome to scubaboard :D

Gregg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom