Answers to Questions re: Zeagle Escape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

So far I'm not exactly impressed with the reputed Zeagle customer service.

I have sent several emails to the Zeagle web site regarding questions I have about the Zeagle Escape I just purchased inasmuch as the Manual that comes with the BCD seems to be "generic" and doesn't have much useful information. Here is one of the emails I sent that has received no response. I would appreciate a reply.

Thanks

"Hi ,

I recently purchased the Escape BCD and find the accompanying manual to be totally inadequate for that model.

I switched from a jacket style to the Escape so illustrations a text SPECIFIC to the Escape is necessary. Is there anything at your website which illustrates the features more?

Regarding the holder for the reel and SMB can that be bought separately as I already own a reel and SMB? If so, how does it attach to the BCD and what is the cost?

Regarding the holder for the Spare Air, how does that attach and what is the cost"?

Thanks,

Sy

With the exception of the pull out weight pockets, the BC works essentially the same as all the other BCs. If you do not understand the pull out weight pockets, please let me know what your questions are.

You can buy the quick deploy pouch for your SMB and reel, however, I cannot guarantee that a non-zeagle SMB will fit in the pouch - as they come in all shapes and sizes. The part number for the pouch is # 8056 and the MSRP is $25.

There are a couple of ways to attach it to the BC - either by "quick link" which will go over your top tank band and sandwich the pouch between the vest and the bladder, OR by adding the "Zip on Platform - Part # 8137) which will allow you to use the Ranger LTD zip on accessories with any Zeagle BC.

Since you are also looking to add a Spare Air holder, I would highly suggest going the "zip on" route....since you can then use the # 8066 Spare Air pouch with it!!! (Retail price $17.82)

If you do decide to go that route, the Quick Deploy Signal Tube pouch would be # 8056Z (which will include the zipper)

These are all questions that your Zeagle dealer should have been able to answer for you, really.

Thanks,

Scott

Edited to add: After being in Long Beach, at the Scuba Show, most of the last week, I am just catching up on the emails from zeagle.com, and I only show one email from you, which was sent on 2008/06/23 Mon AM 07:03:31 CDT....sorry for the delay in responding.

Last edited:
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your replies .

I would be interested in the "Zip-on Platform" attachment method for my Spare Air. What does it "zip to" on my Zeagle Escape and can I get it directly from Zeagle? If not can you give me a name of an online vendor who carries these accessories? LeisurePro doesn't seem to have them other than the zip on Spare Air Pouch.

I finally found it after searching your website under "Accessories for the Ranger". If it also works with the "Escape" then maybe you should also list it at the general "accessories" page.

I think your web site needs some fine tuning because it's not exactly intuitive.

Sy

With the exception of the pull out weight pockets, the BC works essentially the same as all the other BCs. If you do not understand the pull out weight pockets, please let me know what your questions are.

You can buy the quick deploy pouch for your SMB and reel, however, I cannot guarantee that a non-zeagle SMB will fit in the pouch - as they come in all shapes and sizes. The part number for the pouch is # 8056 and the MSRP is $25.

There are a couple of ways to attach it to the BC - either by "quick link" which will go over your top tank band and sandwich the pouch between the vest and the bladder, OR by adding the "Zip on Platform - Part # 8137) which will allow you to use the Ranger LTD zip on accessories with any Zeagle BC.

Since you are also looking to add a Spare Air holder, I would highly suggest going the "zip on" route....since you can then use the # 8066 Spare Air pouch with it!!! (Retail price $17.82)

If you do decide to go that route, the Quick Deploy Signal Tube pouch would be # 8056Z (which will include the zipper)

These are all questions that your Zeagle dealer should have been able to answer for you, really.

Thanks,

Scott

Edited to add: After being in Long Beach, at the Scuba Show, most of the last week, I am just catching up on the emails from zeagle.com, and I only show one email from you, which was sent on 2008/06/23 Mon AM 07:03:31 CDT....sorry for the delay in responding.

Hi Scott,

Would appreciate your feedback on the questions I posted the other day:

"Hi Scott,

Thanks for your replies .

I would be interested in the "Zip-on Platform" attachment method for my Spare Air. What does it "zip to" on my Zeagle Escape and can I get it directly from Zeagle? If not can you give me a name of an online vendor who carries these accessories? LeisurePro doesn't seem to have them other than the zip on Spare Air Pouch.

I finally found it after searching your website under "Accessories for the Ranger". If it also works with the "Escape" then maybe you should also list it at the general "accessories" page.

I think your web site needs some fine tuning because it's not exactly intuitive".

Thanks,
Sy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottZeagle

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks,

Scott

You need to buy the # 8137 - Zip Mount Platform, which will go on to your Escape BC between the vest and the wing. You will have to take the bottom tank band off to add the 8137 mount.

Once that is added, you can use any of the Ranger LTD zip on accessories.

Any Zeagle dealer can order you these parts, if they do not have them in stock. If you don't have a local Zeagle dealer, give Scuba Toys a call....

Thanks for your reply Scott:

Another few questions:

Looking at the front of the Escape above the "Zeagle" logo on one strap and the American Flag on the other strap are what appear to be "flat strap" openings. Are they attachment points of some type?

There are small clips above the zippered pockets which when opened allow access to the guts of the BCD. What is the purpose of these?

I would like to be able to get the maximum capability out of this BCD and the accompanying booklet is of very little help and that's why I'm asking you these questions.

Thanks,

Sy

You need to buy the # 8137 - Zip Mount Platform, which will go on to your Escape BC between the vest and the wing. You will have to take the bottom tank band off to add the 8137 mount.

Once that is added, you can use any of the Ranger LTD zip on accessories.

Any Zeagle dealer can order you these parts, if they do not have them in stock. If you don't have a local Zeagle dealer, give Scuba Toys a call....

Looking at the front of the Escape above the "Zeagle" logo on one strap and the American Flag on the other strap are what appear to be "flat strap" openings. Are they attachment points of some type?

You could consider those "mounting platforms". Some people put their knife on there, some people mount their Spare Air on there, and some people just leave them empty. Divers are pretty creative, so they come up with all kinds of things to do...especially with zip ties. :)

There are small clips above the zippered pockets which when opened allow access to the guts of the BCD. What is the purpose of these?

Those are the wing clips - where the part of the bladder that says "Zeagle" on it clips to the BC to hold the wing in.

Did you buy this BC from a LDS, or over the internet? Did the store you bought it from tell you anything about the BC at all prior to purchase??

Hi Scott,

Regarding your reply of the other day, I think I'll forego the zip platform if it means removing one of the tank straps as I like to have 2 of them and will try mounting the Spare Air in it's holster onto one of those mounting platforms.

Do you think the Spare Air can sit next to the wing clips?
Thanks

You could consider those "mounting platforms". Some people put their knife on there, some people mount their Spare Air on there, and some people just leave them empty. Divers are pretty creative, so they come up with all kinds of things to do...especially with zip ties. :)

Those are the wing clips - where the part of the bladder that says "Zeagle" on it clips to the BC to hold the wing in.

Did you buy this BC from a LDS, or over the internet? Did the store you bought it from tell you anything about the BC at all prior to purchase??

You do not have to permanently remove them - you just need to take the bottom one off and reinstall it!!

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that!!!

Hi Scott,

If I understand you correctly, you need to dive with only 1 tank band while using the zipper platform? Or do you mean that you install the zipper platform and then put the second band back in place so you are then diving with 2 tank bands AND the zipper platform?

If the instruction manual were at all useful or if you had clarification at your Web site I wouldn't have to keep asking you these questions.

Thanks,

Sy

You do not have to permanently remove them - you just need to take the bottom one off and reinstall it!!

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom