Any Area To Dive Around Anna Maria Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I haven't taken the opportunity to dive the Spanish Rocks yet off Anna Maria Island, but does anyone know of other areas that I can shore dive a few hundred yards out and see some fish or anything else?
What about the bay side of Anna Maria? It looks shallow. Anything out there?

Spanish Rocks and the Sugar Barge are really about it. I understand 3rd peir used to be a decent site before the beach renourishment covered over most of the structure. The bay side is not what I would consider good diving, very silty, mucky bottom in a lot of areas. BTW, this is the Venice Fossil Diver Section. Your question would probably get more response from the tampa section since it is closer. I'll try to move this thread for ya.

Last time i checked there wasn't much of the Sugar Barge left to look at. You can pretty much see it all just snorkeling around. Spanish Rocks would be your best bet since it's literally right south of AMI.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom