Any divers been to Coco Cay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coco Cay is Little Stirup Cay on the charts. I've dove there twice. Another cruise line (NCL I think) leases Great Stirup next island over.

The scuba operation is run by RCCL staff, not by an outside vendor. They do different sites but never very deep (40' max). The sister company Celebrity stops there too.

That said, I like diving in Nassau with RCCL's vendor Nassau Scuba Centre much more than Coco Cay.

Royal Caribbean used Stuart Cove's in Nassau as their excursion dive shop, when were were there a couple weeks ago. I did overhear that they were new with RCCL, but never asked them myself, to verify. We were very satisfied, but have no other experience in Nassau with which to compare.

Foo

I have dove in Coco Cay. It was a good dive. Saw a bunch of rays. It was a shore dive, and only 40 feet, so if you're looking for deeper, or a wreck this isn't your place.

Foo:
Royal Caribbean used Stuart Cove's in Nassau as their excursion dive shop, when were were there a couple weeks ago. I did overhear that they were new with RCCL, but never asked them myself, to verify. We were very satisfied, but have no other experience in Nassau with which to compare.

Foo

Stuart Cove's and Nassau Scuba Centre are on the same canal (within sight of each other actually). There's a third shop on the canal as well called Dive Dive Dive. The shop being used might even depend on the ship in order to spread the business around equally. I've only been there on Majesty of the Seas (2X) and Sovereign of the Seas (2X) and was last there in 10/04.

I'm sure they all provide a good dive experience. That should be pretty hard to screw up in Nassau :)

deepstops:
That should be pretty hard to screw up in Nassau :)

LOL, true that!

Done the Cocoa Cay shore dive with RCCL expect short fills on the tanks and a 100-150 yard swim to get to the dive sight. The vis was about 40-50 feet and the dives pretty shallow. We did see some rays cruising the blue. I'd rate its a 6 but better then nothing :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom