Any experience with wurkkos lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no experience with this brand in particular, but I do have some with chinese lights. Some are good, some not so much... I went with a bunch of Xtar (a Chinese brand) d26 2500 based on previous experience with their chargers, and pretty decent reviews from other members. Purchased 5 on Alibaba with wholesale pricing, and have been pretty happy with them. Xtar is also active on this board, and very responsive to questions, complaints, etc... The best part is they listen to our suggestions, for example, bringing back the mechanical lock on some of their models. That was based on our requests...

My advice is to give it a shot, but stick to the more established brands. In the grand scheme of things in diving, the cost of these budget lights is minimal, especially if ordering direct from overseas; even more so if you buy a few wholesale with some dive buddies. It is certainly possible to get very good value for your dollar if you do your homework. I'd check out the offerings from Xtar or Orcatorch...

edit.... just did a search, and apparently wurkkos is an offshoot of Sofirn lights. I have a couple of their lights, and found them to be well built for the money. I've got a couple SD 02 lights that have survived to 100 ffw and didn't leak. Excellent value for something g like $30 shipped. Give the Wurkkos a shot and report back...

Considering a DL07 but hadn't heard of this brand before.

DL07

Thoughts?
Have you finally bought/tried the DL07? I stumbled upon that light today, and considering that it includes red and UV light for a small price tag, I was interested... but read some bad reviews in Amazon about people not being able to turn the mode selector due to the salt. I'm wondering if bad luck/usage, or just a crappy light

I carry a DL20 backup every dive and a DL61 when I know I’ll need it. Had them two years now, about 50 dives. Well built lights, fantastic value. Love the rotary magnetic switch. Lumen values are always drastically overstated on Amazon, still pretty bright though. Would absolutely buy them again.
Suspect beam quality will be poor with all those different emitters without individual reflectors, don’t know though. With these cheap Chinese lights ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom