Any experiences on the Adelaar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adonama

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking into some options for a live aboard next spring and the Adelaar (Bali-Komodo) came up on my radar. As always I did a quick search on Scubaboard to see what other peoples experiences were like, but was suprised to find none!
Has anyone been on the Adelaar? How was the trip? How was the boat?

Thanks!

Did you end up going on the Adelaar or finding out anything?i found this option as well, but no info or reviews.

Hi Adonama,

The Adelaar is a small but very beautiful boat. She takes 8 guests maximum and she has a long history. She was built in 1906 as far as I know and is therefore over 100 years old. She's not what I would refer to as a "hardcore dive boat" because obviously back in those days they didn't make custom built dive vessels ;-) She has had a 2 1/2 year major makeover under supervision of a Swiss guy named Reto, a very close friend of mine. The result is stunning. One thing you can be sure of, as long as Reto is in charge (which he still is), Adelaar isn't a bad choice. He runs the show based out of Bali and goes out on the trips. She's a boat I would refer to as a "Bijoux"... Small but lovely and pretty!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom