Any Feedback on the OUROBOROS??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yo all

We had Kevin Gurr here with 3 Ouroboros and two students, giving me a unique chance to have a close up look and introduction by Kevin himself.

The Ouro looked quite nice to me, yes expensive and yes complex. Complexicity can be overcome by training, practice and zero complacency. If I had the money back then I would have bought a Cis, if I had the money today I would buy a Ouro but don't know if I would travel with it a lot since it is quite big.

What really struck me is the seemingly never ending redundancy and bailout options in the Ouro, the detail and the finish of the unit, loved as well the out of the way counterlungs and the large scrubber with its patented spiraling no breakthrough device. It has such a number of nice features that it is playing in his own league since they are no more Cis to be had.

I have owned an Inspiration and I do own a Meg and Optima. I had the pleasure of diving a Cis Luna MK5 P single and dual CCR unit during the Wakulla II project. I think the Ouro is a great piece of diving equipment.

Matt
www.protecdiving.com

mattmexico:
Yo all

We had Kevin Gurr here with 3 Ouroboros and two students, giving me a unique chance to have a close up look and introduction by Kevin himself.

The Ouro looked quite nice to me, yes expensive and yes complex. Complexicity can be overcome by training, practice and zero complacency. If I had the money back then I would have bought a Cis, if I had the money today I would buy a Ouro but don't know if I would travel with it a lot since it is quite big.

What really struck me is the seemingly never ending redundancy and bailout options in the Ouro, the detail and the finish of the unit, loved as well the out of the way counterlungs and the large scrubber with its patented spiraling no breakthrough device. It has such a number of nice features that it is playing in his own league since they are no more Cis to be had.

I have owned an Inspiration and I do own a Meg and Optima. I had the pleasure of diving a Cis Luna MK5 P single and dual CCR unit during the Wakulla II project. I think the Ouro is a great piece of diving equipment.

Matt
www.protecdiving.com

Your the PROTECH in belize?? Ive been looking for you guys all other shops say they get there nitrox fills from you, can you pm me your office number, I need to plan a trip, one last question on the Ourob. unit

ALL things being equal, what would you want a cis or a OUR.?????

AND

How did you find its WOB, and what would I compare it too (I have owned many units as well)?

John,

Matt is from Pro-Tec in Q. Roo, Mexico (south west of Coz on the Yucatan peninsula).
'peterbj' is from Protech Belize. The shops are not related afaik, the names are a bit confusing, but both cater to rebreather divers.

Matt's shop in Mexco
Peter's shop in Belize

caveseeker7:
John,

Matt is from Pro-Tec in Q. Roo, Mexico (south west of Coz on the Yucatan peninsula).
'peterbj' is from Protech Belize. The shops are not related afaik, the names are a bit confusing, but both cater to rebreather divers.

Matt's shop in Mexco
Peter's shop in Belize

My bad, thanks for clearing that up, take a look at the treads, I am biting my hand, holding back!!

LOL

jptrealty:
Your the PROTECH in belize?? Ive been looking for you guys all other shops say they get there nitrox fills from you, can you pm me your office number, I need to plan a trip, one last question on the Ourob. unit

ALL things being equal, what would you want a cis or a OUR.?????

AND

How did you find its WOB, and what would I compare it too (I have owned many units as well)?

Nope, we are ProTec Mexico and I did not have the chance to dive it, just looking at the cookie jar, touching it, diving around it but no actual diving ...

Matt
www.protecdiving.com

caveseeker7:
John,

Matt's shop in Mexco
Peter's shop in Belize

Just had some mail contact to a protech in Thailand as well, they are breather friendly as well with Inspiration and Evolutions www.protechdivers.com

Matt
www.protecdiving.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom