Any good books in Kindle format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it would be more accurate to say They got a good review... from SGR, and were roundly trashed (along with SGR) by everyone else. Anyway, merry xmas!

I'm reading Submerged​ by Lenihan and love it. It covers wreck diving, cave diving, and basic changes in diving between the 70s and early 00s.

Bought it!!! Thanks!!!!

I think it would be more accurate to say They got a good review... from SGR, and were roundly trashed (along with SGR) by everyone else. Anyway, merry xmas!

And I was one of them lol...Sarcasm doesn't carry over so well in written form. That was the first and last review I read on SGR, it's hard to take them seriously after that review.

I just found Scuba Diver Australasia magazine today, very pricy for 4 editions though......

I've updated my list to include "Sealab." The author is Ben Hellwarth.

Wow! You all have a pretty good list for me to start working on. I have been debating getting a Kindle, and it sounds like it's about time to pull the trigger and just do it!

We are planning on publishing ebook, as well as print editions of all future instructional technical diving books. The e-publishing platforms are still not "synched," meaning that Apple, BN, and Amazon do not share back end e-pub formats. Kind of like (for those in my age group!) the VHS vs. BETA tape discussion in the early days of home video. Another challenge is that e-pub platforms are not very conducive to detailed charts and illustrations. They are getting better, especially Apple's iBooks. Perhaps this is why most of the "diving-related" ebooks available at the moment are mostly text, novels, etc. One great advantage to e-books is the ability to embed links and other interactive features like video. We are working on a few new releases for 2013 and expect them to be in as many formats as possible.

I loved the caving book Beyond the Deep. It's not just diving but exploration and caving. It had me on the edge of my seat. Wish they would make it into a movie! It also has the history of the first recreational/commercial rebreather.
One of the authors is a regular on the Cave Diving Forum and several are well known to the cave diving world. There is an accident in the book that is a classic and quite well known.

---------- Post added December 4th, 2012 at 10:01 AM ----------

Wow! You all have a pretty good list for me to start working on. I have been debating getting a Kindle, and it sounds like it's about time to pull the trigger and just do it!
If you have an IPad you can get a free Kindle ap.

Its like taking a library with you no matter where u go, and it's on other devices too, just get the app for iPad, or Android, or iPhone

I would say Diver Down is a must read. Lost wife, saw barracuda was more entertaining than instructional. I don't really know all of what is available on kindle since I prefer holding an actual book.

Back
Top Bottom