Any good books in Kindle format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you t-mac, and you too DevonDiver, I'm a month away from my first OW class and want to start learning now :) I'm definitely checking these titles out!

Haven't seen much in terms of instructional, but diving-wise there are a number of good books on NE wreck/Andrea Doria divers including Shadow Divers and Peter Hunt's book (Setting the Hook). Raising the Dead is also excellent. The only kind of instructional one I've read (also highly recommended) is Michael Ainge's Diver Down. There are overtly instructional ones but they seem very basic and/or haven't been favorably reviewed so I've taken a pass. Happy reading and safe diving!

A real basic one I have on my Kindle is "Getting Started in Scuba" by David Greer and really fun read about a couple who get OW certified and plan all of their vacations around diving is called "Manta Rays and Margaritas: Tropical Travels to Dive the Oceans" by Karen Begelfer

I've been looking for some new reading material and I'm wondering if there is any good instructional reading material in Kindle format?
I'm reading Submerged​ by Lenihan and love it. It covers wreck diving, cave diving, and basic changes in diving between the 70s and early 00s.

I asked a somewhat similar question a year ago after I'd read Diver Down (accounts of several real-world SCUBA accidents) and Deep Descent (diving the sunken ocean liner Andrea Doria). I absolutely loved both, though Diver Down is a good bit more applicable to the type of rec diving that many of us do.

Here is my post from last year. There are several books suggested by others as well.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...ted-reads-other-forms-teaching-new-diver.html

Last edited:
This is a list from my own Kindle, some may be a repeat of what other’s have posted. Many others I have on my bookshelf, that’s why they aren’t here. I really like my kindle, because it isn’t sagging under the weight like my bookshelf is!!! :wink:
Lost Wife, Saw Barracuda
The Art of Gas Blending
Beyond the Deep
Bluewater Gold Rush
Dangerous Waters
Darkness Absolute: A Wreck Diving Story
Dive Computers
Fatally Flawed
The First 130 Feet
Diving Below 130 Feet
Off the Wall---Dive Tales
Raising the Dead
Scuba Stories
Scuba Stories 2
The Scuba Snobs Guide To Diving Etiquette: Both books 1 and 2
Setting the Hook
Shipwreck Diving
(Magazines):
Scuba Diving
Alert Diver

SeahorseDeb, that's a nice sized list. I have a few of those already but you did make me inquire about (and ultimately purchase) The First 130 Feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom