For Sale Any interest in non splined G250 jam nuts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unfortunately, i gave up all my machining equipment after the last reincarnation.

You can buy a Dremel?

No, this would be something made during the machining process instead of the wrench surface going the full length a small portion is machine down so it slips into the washer, about half the jam nuts on my G250HP already had this relief.

I can't remember if these fit Atomic? I like the stainless steel..

Ok I can see why you don't see it.

Here is one of the nuts I pulled off my G250HP, it is the same nut on my S560.

View attachment 666272

It isn't an issue with the G250HP as the smooth side is facing out.

I think if we machined this shoulder instead of having the flats go the full length we would have a nut that will work for both the G250 and the S600 series.

From the other thread.

I think if we machined this shoulder instead of having the flats go the full length we would have a nut that will work for both the G250 and the S600 series.
A splendid idea, but can it be done?

A splendid idea, but can it be done?

To quote the engineering department at one of the companies I worked for. "Anything is possible with enough budget."

I don't know how they are machining these, but it certainly isn't hard. How much cost it adds depends on the production process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom