Any KPP'ers going to be diving locally soon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey Guys & Gals,

Just curious as to when you all will be starting your diving season. I know most here usually hibernate during the colder months. With the recent flooding rains, vis is surely going to be toast, but hey,.... a little challenge never hurt anyone (unless you run into something before you see it:D).

Been fighting a cold this week but I been thinking it's about time to get back in the water. I'd like to go up and see what's going on at Blue Springs.

I'm supposed to take a group of students to Pennyroyal for their check- out dives Memorial Day Weekend. Just hope the water has warmed up a bit & has cleared up considerably. I do not relish the idea of taking students in 5ft vis.

i can vouch for that lousy viz, 2 weekends ago me and some friends went and did out AOW classes and the viz was terrible id say 2-5 feet, we did a deep dive and it was actually quite clear, we dropped over a boat from that 20 ft platform and went about 88 feet down and it was about 39 degrees and I was in a 5 mil so needless to say i just wanted to go back up :) but ive already started and am looking forward to taking a lot of courses this year and maybe a trip or 2.

JP let me know when you want to go!! During the week works for me right now! I haven't been in the water yet this year. If I don't go soon my helitrox class is going to be rough.

Hey Wally, if you're interested, I'm going to be practicing this summer for Normoxic Trimix & Adv. Trimix (carrying & switching 3-4 gasses). Larry wants me to be able to hold stops with less than 6" of deviation while switching gases. I will have to learn to carry a 120 ft, 70 ft & 20 ft bottles on me & to rotate them as I simulate deco stops.

sjmueller61990, the boat you dropped on was the Blue Dolphin. The bottom rests at about 95- 100 ft. Yes,... 5mmm really isn't enough for that.

Hey Wally, if you're interested, I'm going to be practicing this summer for Normoxic Trimix & Adv. Trimix (carrying & switching 3-4 gasses). Larry wants me to be able to hold stops with less than 6" of deviation while switching gases. I will have to learn to carry a 120 ft, 70 ft & 20 ft bottles on me & to rotate them as I simulate deco stops.

I am willing to help you out for a buddy but I need to get in NOW. My classroom for helitrox is the first weekend in June. The OW part is the third weekend. My regs have been back from service for several months and I have no clue if they are good.

I might be able to do Pennyroyal on the 2nd of June (if I'm not teaching- will have to check)..... Our mill has a huge maintenance shutdown next week that I must work & I'm teaching this & Memorial day weekend (Sat.- Mon.). If you are interested in doing pennyroyal, they don't open up on weekdays until after Memorial Day weekend. I know its only a couple of days before your class, but would still give you a chance. I can also do the 9th, 17th & the 24th.

Did I tell you? I have a newer Storm "scuba- mobile". It's a 2006 F-150. Got it last week.

Back
Top Bottom