Any OFWF Members attending July 30th Rolling Stones Concert?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a look at the front of the shirt our Stones Fan Club members will be wearing.

Note.....my will have Taz printed on the right sleeve!

and this is the back of the short....we have approx 250 members going...so it is possible you might see on of us!

To gove you an idea of the set list the stones might play...here is the set list from the Skydome concert last October...

Brown Sugar
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
Start Me Up
Don't Stop
Tumbling Dice
Shattered
Angie
You Can't Always Get what You Want
Midnight Rambler
Love Train – O’Jays Cover

Intros

Keith Set
Slipping Away
You Don't Have To Mean It

Sympathy for the Devil
When the Whip Comes Down
Little Red Rooster
You Got Me Rocking
Gimme Shelter
HonkyTonk Women
Street Fighting Man
Jumping jack Flash

Encore--
Satisfaction

pufferfish once bubbled...
The site will be a no fly zone 48 hours before. Not even the Stones will be able to come in by chopper.

Uh, no it won't. The airspace above Downsview is right on the approach for Pearson Airport. I can assure you we are not shutting Pearson Down, and if the Stones want to go in by chopper, believe me, they will.

Good day all!

To those who didn't get a chance to make the concert you missed a great one!

Most of the acts were great Ac/Dc, Rush, The Guess Who and ofcourse my beloved Rolling Stones gave us our money worth.

The Stones were a great to see again and it was nice that they played "Nearness of You" which I have seen live over the course of the 20 Stones concerts I have been to. The only disapointment was Justin Timberlake joining the Stones on "Miss You" that sucked!

Toronto rocked and it was a party!

PS: Sorry Cat...didn't make the connection...my fault forgot to take your cell # with me on Tuesday night.

Cheers, Taz!

Tazz that was one great party. I must say I was a little concerned about the crowd size, but not a problem at all. The boys in blue were great and although a heavy presence outside the area I think I saw one the whole night in the crowd.

Angus Young from AC/DC stole the show, Getty Lee hasn't changed since my younger days, and well Mick is just Mick but Keith Richards really seemed to be having fun out there and I thought he got quite emotional when he started to reminisce about TO. A bit of water under that bridge between Keith and TO.

All in all for $21 bucks Canadian that was the best deal of the summer.

pufferfish once bubbled...
Keith Richards really seemed to be having fun out there and I thought he got quite emotional when he started to reminisce about TO. A bit of water under that bridge between Keith and TO.

I got the chance to meet Keith last summer during the time they were in TO preparing for the tour. He was at my cousins whom he had meant when my cousin owned a bar on the island of Montserrat back when the Stones recorded Steel Wheels. Keith is a really nice guy and he loves Toronto. In fact, since he lives in Connectivut most of the year he travels to TO 2 to 3 times a year to visit friends.

I was glad to seem him do "Happy" but would have preferred that he would have done 'Before They Make Me Run". But heck! It was a party and I'm just glad that I got the chance to participate in Canadian Rock History.

The logistics worked out quite well, the organizers should be congratulated for a wonderful job!

Back
Top Bottom