any okoboji divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bottom bouncer

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for people to dive with on west okoboji.I have been diving for 1 year and have trouble finding anyone to dive with.If anyone is interested give me a shout

Looking for people to dive with on west okoboji.I have been diving for 1 year and have trouble finding anyone to dive with.If anyone is interested give me a shout

I did an ice dive up there a couple years ago & dove it last year in July. Won't be diving it in July again, wwaaaaayyyyy to much boat traffic. Most didn't pay any attention to the dive flag at all.

I'd like to get up there this spring/early summer before it gets too busy.

PM me with a plan & where you live.

Terry

It's about the only place in Iowa we haven't dove yet. PM me later on in the year, adn we'll set something up.

I know this doesn't exacltly help you; but thought I would chime in just to be friendly.
I did an ice dive up there in February. Great lake! It looks really pretty - at least for February.
I live in Texas so I won't be making it to Iowa.

I live in Mo. but my mother-in-law lilves on Okoboji and I enjoy diving it when ever I get up there. If I am going to head up there this summer I will shoot you a PM and we will have to get together.

There is a TON of traffic on that lake, espically on weekends and they DONOT pay attention to the dive flag.

Can have some good vis up there, and there is some stuff in that lake that I would like to see that I have not...

Phil

I'm in Missouri. I'll dive with you if you want. PM me if you have any dates in mind, I can see what works. Welcome to the sport and the board!

Tom

I'll be diving on West in July. FWIW, boat traffic on West hasn't been too terribly heavy this summer due to weather. Very choppy. Water is higher than normal, but appears to be clear. Good to know that boats don't watch the dive flags. I wouldn't recommend Sat. mornings due to sailboat races. Oh - and don't night dive on the 4th of July by Arnold's park - LOL - you'll never be able to surface! It's like a parking lot of boats. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom