any one know water temps near port hardy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WATER CONDITIONS: Average water temperatures are in the mid-40Fs, with seasonal variations from 42F in May to 49F in the fall.

Today's sea temperature in Port Hardy, British Columbia is 50 °F

WATER CONDITIONS: Average water temperatures are in the mid-40Fs, with seasonal variations from 42F in May to 49F in the fall.

Today's sea temperature in Port Hardy, British Columbia is 50 °F

Would I be over simplifying this by saying?

"COLD" :laughsnow::cold::coolsnow:

Heh, well 50 degrees is probably the surface temp. That area is nourished by deep currents from the Pacific, more like 46 degrees. But that's what feeds the beautiful and incredibly dense sea life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks guys im pleasently happy with water at or over 50 so this is good news for me. :)

It may be 50 right at Port Hardy but that's a bit optimistic for where the diving is done. I remember temps being somewhere in the 6-8C range (low to high 40's).

I've been there three times, and temperatures have been between 43 and 45.

I wouldn't count on any warmer than 48 in the late summer. TSandM is right mid 40's is more realistic. Definitely drysuit diving for comfort. It's so beautiful you don't want to come up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom