Any other divers in the U.A.E.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just sent one of our Catalina divers your way. Once I get his new contact info I'll try to put the two of you in touch.

thanks to Heidi for starting this.. good idea !!!

I have for a while tried to build my website www.dubaidivers.com with info on diving here.. i also want to post info on dive travel, so if anyone go anywhere, send me some details and what it was like + maybe photos and i can stick it on the site..

with regards to diving around UAE and Oman, i have been diving here for 4 years and dived lots of sites...

My favourites are Musandam and Daminyat (is that spelled right ?) Islands off Muscat. Dibba Rock is also brilliant but off course very shallow..

For Wreck junkies, i would rate Ludwig, Zainab and Dara as being the best... havn't checked out the new wreck yet and have never been to Energy D neither.. they are both supposed to be good though..

As for dive centers, there are off course many to choose from.. for tourists coming in to Dubai, i would suggest Al Boom for East Coast & Musandam (they do arrange the transport from Dubai and everything so very easy) and Pavillion for dives in the Gulf. There are other and slightly cheaper operators, so it is off course down to personal preferences.. but both Le Meridian Al Aqah and Jumeirah Beach Hotels are d..n nice hotels and the dive center facilities there are good.

anyway, just wanted to voice in and say hi.. hope to see you all in the water !!!

Kent
PADI Instructor

Heidi,

You were wondering about diving dubai/sharjah side. Well there's plenty to see, however most of the sites are wrecks. In my line of work, I happen to know almost all wrecks in Dubai waters and quite a few in sharjah. But most of them are quite well known to the dive centre(s)

Every now and again obviously a ship goes down like beginning of may this year the mariam express. It has been dived a lot and is an excellent dive, however authorities are still mumbling about removing/restricting it.

Since there's a lot of dredging going on (sorry for that... my line of work) there's always been a problem with viz close to the reclamation areas and dredging fields. As long as you stay away from them you're in for a good dive.

Anyway if anybody is in need for some co-ords I'll be happy to share

Happy diving!

Remco

Hi

I'm somewhat new to diving, I am in Dubai. Are you guys still actively diving? Still around? I'm almost done gathering all my kit, by the end of this month I'll have everything except a steel tank. Then I'd be keen to get out and meet some dive buddies.

Hi, I finished my PADI at Al Boom at the end of November, have done 9 dives since then at Muscat at Fujairah. Visibilty hasnt been great but have seen plenty of interesting things so far.

Had planned to do my first Musandam dive this weekend but its got a bit on the cold side so I think I'll wait until this cold spell passes.

Hi Guys,

Jeez I haven't been on this site in ages due to the work load.. You know how that goes. Anyways, I am Adel, the owner of Arabian Diver in Ras Al Khaimah. If you guys are looking for something new, then give me a buz. You'll be pleasantly suprised at what we have here. 050-2428128

Hi, I finished my PADI at Al Boom at the end of November, have done 9 dives since then at Muscat at Fujairah. Visibilty hasnt been great but have seen plenty of interesting things so far.

Had planned to do my first Musandam dive this weekend but its got a bit on the cold side so I think I'll wait until this cold spell passes.

I got my PADI OW cert at Sandy Beach in December. I'd love to visit Oman, I hear it's beautiful there. Cold or not, I'm still keen to experience what it's like when the water temp is a little lower here. I didn't buy all this gear for nothing :)

Hi Guys,

Jeez I haven't been on this site in ages due to the work load.. You know how that goes. Anyways, I am Adel, the owner of Arabian Diver in Ras Al Khaimah. If you guys are looking for something new, then give me a buz. You'll be pleasantly suprised at what we have here. 050-2428128

Hey Adel, good to meet you. Thanks for the invitation.

Receiving my BCD on Saturday, so that's me ready with all my gear. Only issue is I think I may have to return my wet suit (get 1 size larger). If you have a wet suit I can rent then I'm happy to stop by next weekend.

I have been often to RAK, it's a beautiful, scenic Emirate.

What is the cost per dive, and the rental of a wet suit and tank?

Hi Guys,

Thanks Adel. I might just do that. I will be up in RAK quite a lot as I am managing a big project for my company up in Saqr.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom