Any Personal Trainers...I need help!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ams511:
Amy not to discourage you but 80 lbs in less than two months is rather tough. Dropping weight too quickly is not very healthy. Follow my advice but stick closer to the 1500 calorie mark and you will lose the weight and feel healthier.

Not expecting to lose it all before the trip... more along the lines of what can I do to maximize my time and be in the best shape possible in the time allowed. That's all. Acutally regretted the post the minute I hit enter, but had to run kids to gymnastics, so couldn't go back and delete it... sigh... nothing like airing your patheticness (I just invented that word) to the whole world... (or at least about 70,000 of them) lol

Amy.... like alcina said, slowy and surely it can be done... theres alot of SB'ers as proof of it... anything from 10lbs to 110lbs (that would be me) that i know off so dont be disheartened.... you can do it if you make the decision to

WOW! I step away from my computer and return to find all these posts! Scubaboard's the BoMb aint' it? ( = Now dont get me wrong im not in horrific shape. I returned from a 7 month tour in Afghanistan mid 2006 and was sooo happy to be home I just threw out exersise and proper diet in leu of sleeping in and beer!! Ive been slowly building myself back up, but just wanted a few tips! Coach thanks for the book pick I'll check it out and thanks to the rest of you guys!!

Jay

Scuba-Jay:
Hi guys,

I need some help in coming up with a 6 week program to get me back into shape. I'm leaving for Central America in early march to DM and its occurred to me that I'm not in the shape I need to be for this endeavor. I smoke a pack a day (I know i need to quit and I'm trying) so I need some suggestions on how to build up my cardio fitness. I'm also leveling off at just under 200 lbs at present, which isn't horrific as I'm a built guy to begin with and 5'10, but i could lose some chunk for sure.

Can anyone suggest a good 4 weeks program to address these issues and provide me with obvious results at the end of it? Any help from trainers would be appreciated!!

Jay

6 weeks huh???

The Marine Corp Recruit Depot at Parris Island sound like a real possibility...:D

Ooh-Rah...:D

If you want something you can do at home pick up a couple of "Scott" Helvenston's videos.

I have a couple that aren't on that site:
Total Body Workout is one of them as well as an Aerobic workout that has nice simple moves, a "box hop" is the closest thing to a dance step LOL! If you can get through the whole workout you're doing pretty good :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

PaulChristenson:
6 weeks huh???

The Marine Corp Recruit Depot at Parris Island sound like a real possibility...:D

Ooh-Rah...:D

Paul,

Nice idea, but i already went the Army route!!
1075619379_m.jpg

like coach izzy said, each exercise program is very, very individualized. programs are put together based on an individuals weight, blood pressure and current activity level. that information is used to come up with a training heart rate zone that is safe for that individual. at the beginning of an exercise program, you want to work at about 50-60% of your max. in order to figure this out, you have to know your heart rate max (220 - your age) and your resting heart rate (count beats per minute before you get out of bed in the morning). your target heart rate = resting heart rate + .6(max heart rate - resting heart rate). the number you come up with is the heart rate you should try to maintain during cardiovascular exercise. your best bet starting out would be to do 10 minutes on a treadmill, 10 minutes on an elliptical and then 10 minutes on a bike for the most efficient caloric expenditure. also, resistance training is beneficial because not only does it build your myocardial strength (your heart muscle), which means you can pump a greater volume of blood with less pumps, but building lean mass also makes you more negatively boyant and you wont have to wear as much weight!! diet is also a huge factor, eat lean meats such as grilled chicken and fish, steamed veggies and fruits. its not as awful as it sounds, you can actually find some awesome recipes that are super healthy. oh, and the smoking has GOT to go.... sorry.

Back
Top Bottom