Any recommendations for a newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Joey,

I think all dive centers in KL area has lots of rental equipments for OW sessions. Please try different brands and models to get the one that fits you the best. If by chance you're looking for mares brand, try the hobby shop across the road to Sunway Pyramid. I am by no mean affiliated with the shop but some of my diving friends are quite impressed with their inventory selection.

Weather wise malaysia will always be warm but please remember the monsoon season. Since you're new to diving, I don't think you'll be going to Sipadan soon which I heard is not affected by monsoon. Other popular dive sites in east coast of peninsular Malaysia like Tioman, Perhentian & Redang are pretty much closed during monsoon season.

ciklan

I say ditto on finding a GREAT instructor. This will be your first experience breathing under water, if you are not comfy, than the experience may not be all that fun. Hence, putting a damper on your diving. If your instructor has a way of keeping you comfy you will enjoy the experience that much more. A good instructor has a way of making things fun and easier too understand. Try as many brands as you can, it's all about COMFORT. If you are not comfortable, your experiences will not be as rewarding as they would be if you were comfortable. You can have a better time when your not worried about your gear giving you grief.
Just remember, Dive safe and DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!!!!!
Lips

H2Andy and Fishlips hit the target perfectly ... "I say ditto on finding a GREAT instructor. This will be your first experience breathing under water, if you are not comfy, than the experience may not be all that fun. Hence, putting a damper on your diving. If your instructor has a way of keeping you comfy you will enjoy the experience that much more. A good instructor has a way of making things fun and easier too understand."
I couldnt agree more , mine was enthusiastic, thorough, and fun
Gear ... don't have to get the most expensive stuff, but do get quality gear , I got upper-mid level stuff because your gear is going to last many years if you take care of it and I did not want to upgrade in the future. A good shop will take stuff back if you or your instructor don't think It's the right gear for you
Have a great time learning , Joey

DB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom