Any reports yet on the Ikelite AF 35?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought the AF35. I am new to UW photography (and scuba as well!!). So my vocabulary is marginal at best. I bought to go with my Nikon Coolpix L11 and Ikelite housing. On Amazon it was $369. Not bad for a beginner. I am curious if anyone has used it yet and if you had any guidlines on the exposure setting? I did the test they recommend to set it. I am between a 4 and 5. At 5 the background was clear but the item in question was a little bright, at 4 the background was dark but the subject seems to be more colorfull. Any advice?

I just ordered the Ikelite AF35 from Leisure Pro. The advertised price is $369.00, and at present they are giving a 10% discount plus shipping. I am waiting to get this since I plan on using this in the Keys i February, and in Mexico in April. I have the Sealife 960D and it is nothing but problems underwater. I have a Canon 710IS, and Ikelite case.

Phil

Hey ScottyD!

I also have the Coolpix L11 with the Ikelite housing and just purchased the AF35. I will be taking it to Bonaire this Saturday to see how it does. I also found the right setting to be between 4 and 5. I think I have settled on 4. The 5 seemed too bright overall. I'll let you know how it works.

BDSC

Hey ScottyD!

I also have the Coolpix L11 with the Ikelite housing and just purchased the AF35. I will be taking it to Bonaire this Saturday to see how it does. I also found the right setting to be between 4 and 5. I think I have settled on 4. The 5 seemed too bright overall. I'll let you know how it works.

BDSC

well mine is going to Maui this saturday as well, we will have to compare when we return

Amazing!! I am headed to Cayman Brac this Saturday. It looks like we have the testing of the AF 35 covered around the western hemisphere. There should be some good reports coming back in a week or two.

Happy Diving!
:14:

I would certainly think between Cayman Brac, Bonaire, and Maui, we would have it covered. I took my camera to Cozumel this past September and used it with only the built-in flash and I got a few good shots but after that trip I knew I needed a real flash if I wanted to take some pictures that would be worth framing. I think the AF35 is a good choice for a flash. I looked at several and for what I want to do as far as underwater photography goes, the AF35 seemed to fit the bill.

But we'll know soon enough won't we. By the way, I'll also be headed to Cayman Brac in May.

BDSC

Scotty, I expect good photos out of you. Keep it close.
I would be interested in looking at your photos when you get back.

Hi guys,

I am very interested in your reviews of the Ikelite AF 35 as a strobe for the point and shoot digicams. I must say that the Sealife SL961 is more popular but choices and competition make for better products. If anybody has been able to use both of these I would also be interested in hearing your comparison.

Have fun on your trips,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom