Any suggestion about a tek-dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jesus Irazabal

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings from Venezuela to everybody.
I'm a IANTD deco diver and a DSAT Tec Deep diver. I'm considering investing on a Multy Gas Trimix OC Computer as a back up for my table and gas planning and also as a recording device of my dive profile.
After some research on the net and local dive stores I'm still undecided, I'll appreciate any input considering the following points:
Relaybility
User freindlyness
Adaptability
Value
Thank you for your help.

Jesus,

I use the Sunnto Vytec, with the air integration module.

For any mixed gas diving I do I put the computer into gauge mode. I still have the ability to download the profile. The computer is about the same size as the popular bottom timers and the face is easy to read.

If your only using air with different mixes of nitrox for deco, then the vytec will handle three switches for O2 up to 99%. Sorry it doesn't HE, but the price is allot lower then the more popular VR3.

So far, I have no complaints about the computer and think its easier to read and operate underwater then the other's on the market.

Just my two cents...

Dave

Welcome aboard, Jesus!

I have been using the VR-3. It is heavily armored (solid metal case) with a heavy lens, and does 9 gas mixes. I use mine with my Inspiration CCR, the PPO2 sensor link, and mixed gas. They are really good computers.

I am also now trying out the HS Explorer. It has larger read-outs, and uses B. R. Wienke's RGBM. More on that later!

If you are ever planning on going to a CCR the only choices are the cochran, hs-explorer and vr3..

Cochran will be releasing their helium computer at dema..

if you are going to stay strictly open circuit based you can add the nitek He (personally I think the display is too small).

During zero-g last month at sunset house, people were diving personal vr3s ( the majority), cochran computers (supplied by cochran for the event - gave really nice profiles), and the explorer.. The new 20 tissue bubble mode in the cochran seems to have potential.

Tom M. (iantd) was using the explorer in RGBM mode (with the old intergrated Megladon deco computer as a backup), Leon and Morgan from custom rebreathers (manufacturer of the meg) were using the explorer in RGBM mode, and I was using the explorer also in RGBM mode with my HH controller as the backup deco computer.

We were all running profiles to 300+ with over 3hr run times in some cases.. the explorer typically cleared us on average 30 minutes ahead of the most agressive VR3 settings.. The RGBM deco curve gives higher credit for deep stops and more of them..

From what I have seen the bubble based curves generated by both the cochran and vr3 were superior to the profiles generated by the VR3..

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...
Welcome aboard, Jesus!

I have been using the VR-3. It is heavily armored (solid metal case) with a heavy lens, and does 9 gas mixes. I use mine with my Inspiration CCR, the PPO2 sensor link, and mixed gas. They are really good computers.

I am also now trying out the HS Explorer. It has larger read-outs, and uses B. R. Wienke's RGBM. More on that later!
Very interested in your thoughts on the Explorer. I was wondering how the buttons on the Explorer work?.... are they push buttons ? Cause they don't look like they push in?

blackice once bubbled...
Very interested in your thoughts on the Explorer. I was wondering how the buttons on the Explorer work?.... are they push buttons ? Cause they don't look like they push in?

I actually answered your question about the buttons under the thread "oxygen cell input" in this forum. I am starting to like the HS a lot despite the buttons.

Thanks to everybody who replyed to this topic. Your answers have been very helpfull, I'll let you know if I invest on any of the computers.

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...
Gene's site has some good pictures of the beast, but also has a simulator program that you can play with to get some idea of the computer's functions. Give that a shot, if you have not done so already.

<http://www.hs-eng.com>
I've never gotten round to trying that as I work on a mac and it's for a PC, but today I'm going to give it a try .. now where is the one button on the PC. .. heehee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom