Any thoughts on the Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ishbaby:
Ive been suggesting that we have a sub category on Dive Sites like Puerto Galera, Anilao, Cebu . . etc, etc. on the 7,107 islands of diving Sub forum so that these repetitive inquiries won't clutter the main thread . . . and we can just refer them inquirers over there . . .

Anybody like my IDEA?! I think all Kim needs is a YES from all of you . . that's all :)
this is off topic BUT i have to say this:

a sub-thread for PG, Anilao, Cebu, Bohol, Apo Isle, Apo Reef and Tubba + an "others" (the previous ones are the most popular inquiries) would create a very bulky sub-thread listing

PLUS relegating inquiries to a "pre-answered" or "pre-listed" area may remove a bit from the very personal, helpful and 1:1 service we are quite famous for here at the PPD... when someone (anyone) has an inquiry, we answer, each and every time...

so my answer is KIM: NO

Jag

pieohpah:
Hi, I'm going to the Philippines in a week on friday.

More specifically to Puerto Galera on Mindoro. Have any of you guys dived there? Is there anything one shouldn't miss doing around there? I don't just meen divewise. I'll be there for two weeks.

Happy diving!
/Peter
Take a sunset cruise. Nothing better after a wonderful day of diving than enjoying the sunset with a cold brew in your. Much better if you have the company of other divers (especially rowdy aussies :D )

jag:
so my answer is KIM: NO

OFF TOPIC:

Nope, it means that we just move em inquiries to the proper threads, since questions have already been answered previously. . . Especially regarding dive operators and good dive sites, we just refer em to the sub forum. Any follow up questions are always welcome. It would help manage the threads plus it would lessen the hassle of looking for old thread topics related to the question. :)

ishbaby:
OFF TOPIC:

Nope, it means that we just move em inquiries to the proper threads, since questions have already been answered previously. . . Especially regarding dive operators and good dive sites, we just refer em to the sub forum. Any follow up questions are always welcome. It would help manage the threads plus it would lessen the hassle of looking for old thread topics related to the question. :)

@jag: like an archive pre

paolov:
you guys sure hi-jacked Peters thread.

Haha... it's alright! I've just come home and I'm hooked. I must return! Unfortunately the boat to Apo reef had engine failure so we missed out on that.

But I got 25 dives all in all, Puerto Galera, Verde Island and Chicken Feather Island. Fantastic!

Besides trecking by jeepney we also managed a Hash Run... jeeze, after three deep dives =)

pieohpah:
Haha... it's alright! I've just come home and I'm hooked. I must return! Unfortunately the boat to Apo reef had engine failure so we missed out on that.

But I got 25 dives all in all, Puerto Galera, Verde Island and Chicken Feather Island. Fantastic!

Besides trecking by jeepney we also managed a Hash Run... jeeze, after three deep dives =)
I'm glad you had a great time in the Philippines. When you get a chance, please do a trip report, we'd love to hear about your trip.
Oh yeah, come back soon. Cheers.

Enrique

ishbaby:
Ive been suggesting that we have a sub category on Dive Sites like Puerto Galera, Anilao, Cebu . . etc, etc. on the 7,107 islands of diving Sub forum so that these repetitive inquiries won't clutter the main thread . . . and we can just refer them inquirers over there . . .

Anybody like my IDEA?! I think all Kim needs is a YES from all of you . . that's all :)

Then what threads would be left in the main page? If you look at it right now (or at any time), maybe half the threads are about trips/dive sites. And from the ASIA forum description: "Get the scoop on where to go, where to stay and who to dive with in this region encompassing countries from Russia and the Middle East to Japan and the Philippines" - I think this is the main purpose of the regional forums. We should not relegate the inquiries, as well as the answers, to a less visible section. Also, diving conditions - weather, temperature, prices etc. - constantly change, so advice on diving a certain site today may not be applicable anymore as early as one or two months from now. Sorry ish, i have to disagree with your idea.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom