any thoughts on Veradero in Cuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tricia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm thinking of heading to Cuba in June to dive off the north coast at Veradero. Does anyone know how the diving is there or can recommend any good dive operators?

Tricia Hi
I'm planning a trip in Late September so would be interested in hearing your news on your return....thanks in anticipation
Marc

I was in Cuba on February and stayed in the great Beaches Varadero resort (Ultra All Inclusive including scuba diving with all equipment!).

Due to the fact that I stayed in varadero only for 4 days (rest in Habana) I did only 3 dives... 2 of them in the Bay of Pigs and one in Varadero.

I did the 2 dives in the Bay of Pigs due to strong winds in Varadero that day....FYI the Bay of Pigs is more than 2,5 hours from Varadero by bus and everything was organized from the dive operator Barracuda in Varadero... Everything went great but the dives in the Bay of Pigs were not really great. The Michel huricane affected a lot that side of the island and the corals were broken etc Of course I enjoyed the dives and saw a lot of fishes but not what I was hoping for...

BUT the next day I dived in Varadero! GREAT diving no matter the strong wind that day, the current and the limited visibility! Health corals, black corals !!, many many fishes...Barracudas...Discus and many many more (sorry I am not that good in tropical fish ID).

I will go again in Cuba (i am a travel agent) and for sure I will dive Varadero as many times as I can...

Manogr !

So you must be back from your diving holiday in Varadero now. I'm hoping to go in June next year so it would be great if you could tell me what it was like.

Martin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom