Any women up for a Girls Dive Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why don't all you pre and post menopause mermaids plan on the second week end in August 2007,at Portage Quarry in Bowling Green, Ohio for the Legends of diving series..

Zale Parry, the third female in the WORLD to be certifed as an Underwater (AKA SCUBA) instructor in 1955; holder of the first women's depth record of 209 feet in 1954, appeared in a number of Sea Hunt movies with Lloyd Bridges, appered in Underwater Warrier, as a lead actress, on cover of Sports Illustrated, established the International Underwater Film Festival in 1960, Author of several books, most recent SCUBA America ( with the late Al Tillman) DEMA Ambasador, AND THE LIST GOES ON...

I would think meeting her up close and personal, obtaining her her signature in your log book, and possibly a few pictures with the Grand Dame of American Scuba Diving would be something you would treasure for ever.

PLAN ON ATTENDING!

~~CHECK OUT www.portagequarry.com for additional details~~

sam miller:
Why don't all you pre and post menopause mermaids plan on the second week end in August 2007,at Portage Quarry in Bowling Green, Ohio for the Legends of diving series..

Zale Parry, the third female in the WORLD to be certifed as an Underwater (AKA SCUBA) instructor in 1955; holder of the first women's depth record of 209 feet in 1954, appeared in a number of Sea Hunt movies with Lloyd Bridges, appered in Underwater Warrier, as a lead actress, on cover of Sports Illustrated, established the International Underwater Film Festival in 1960, Author of several books, most recent SCUBA America ( with the late Al Tillman) DEMA Ambasador, AND THE LIST GOES ON...

I would think meeting her up close and personal, obtaining her her signature in your log book, and possibly a few pictures with the Grand Dame of American Scuba Diving would be something you would treasure for ever.

PLAN ON ATTENDING!

~~CHECK OUT www.portagequarry.com for additional details~~

Hi, Sam...

Though I appreciate the invite, I'll be in FL for both of those weekends. I'm sure that there will be plenty of ladies that attend the Portage event though. :D

I'm hoping that our "Ladies Dive Weekend" brings in soooo many ladies that we vastly outnumber the amount of men that happen to be at Gilboa on those particular days. :wink: Not to mention that there's a ton of reasons that I chose Gilboa for the "quarry of choice". (Vast amount of underwater "sights", huge numbers of fish life, commonly above average vis for a quarry, camping, close-by hotels, and the ability to easily coordinate things with the quarry owner, etc...)

I do appreciate your offer though! :wink:

It is a great idea and I wish you well...It could and should become an annual affair.
It also could be tied in to Chicago's Our World Underwater which is comming up soon. Two birds with one stone.

I was looking forward to meeting you at PQ Soory I will miss you.

This is the only and probably the last time Zale Parry will be in the Midwest and possibly the only opportunity for you and others to spend quality time with her. She is certainly a national diving treasure.... Why don't you reconsider Florida?

SDM

sam miller:
It is a great idea and I wish you well...It could and should become an annual affair.
It also could be tied in to Chicago's Our World Underwater which is comming up soon. Two birds with one stone.

I was looking forward to meeting you at PQ Soory I will miss you.

This is the only and probably the last time Zale Parry will be in the Midwest and possibly the only opportunity for you and others to spend quality time with her. She is certainly a national diving treasure.... Why don't you reconsider Florida?

SDM

I sent you a PM :wink:

Back
Top Bottom