Anybody dive Lake Eufala?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamiller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wondering of anyone dives Lake Eufala? I have seen lots and lots of aliigators (some pretty big ones too) and was curious if anyone bothers to dive this lake. The visibility does not look very good, and I know I would be nervous having seen so many alligators in the 6+ foot range.

If so, is there anything worth going there to see, or shall I seek closer, bluer H2O?

P.S.
I have been to Blue Springs S.P. on SCUBA, which is pretty "cool" and very close...I spend most of my time at the Jetties (PC/Destin)(which never gets old), and Morrisons Springs.

I have once. Two of us buddy diving to look for someone's rod and reel. No vis, and not a safe dive for someone without much experience. Many obstructions that you can't see. Not much fun diving when there is nothing to look at. Although the lake is pretty clear for Eufaula right now, at least when I looked 3 days ago. From my dock I could see about 4 feet down. Still a bad dive. I'd dive in a pool before I got any more Eufaula mud on my equipment.

thanks....i figured as much...I am headed to Virginia this week and am planning for Lake Rawlings on Wednesday...supposed to be 60 degrees and 50-60 foot vis there....plus there is a blackhawk helicopter, a couple school buses and a couple airplanes to dive around....plus a practice nav course. Looking forward to it (a change), after diving Morrisons springs the last two weekends in a row.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom