Anybody diving a Uwatec Galileo SOL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anybody diving one of these yet? How do you like it?

It looks cool, but isn't available in the US yet.

http://www.scubapro.co.uk/Default.asp?MIS=287

Galileo1.gif

There have already been a couple of threads about the Galileo Sol, but it looks like they may have gone bye bye in the crash.

I have been diving a prototype since January and have been very impressed with it. Nice clear, user-changeable screen, user-replaceable battery, up to four transmitters if you want them, digi compass that actually works as opposed to being a gimmick, and a heart rate monitor – sure is interesting to see how much your heart speeds up when you start working hard, etc.

Mark

MarkUK:
There have already been a couple of threads about the Galileo Sol, but it looks like they may have gone bye bye in the crash.

I have been diving a prototype since January and have been very impressed with it. Nice clear, user-changeable screen, user-replaceable battery, up to four transmitters if you want them, digi compass that actually works as opposed to being a gimmick, and a heart rate monitor – sure is interesting to see how much your heart speeds up when you start working hard, etc.

Mark

Cool!

I beleive it's supposed to show up in the US this fall.

Terry

Terry – I think you are right, sure it is scheduled to appear the other side of the Pond towards the end of 2007.

Mark

I really think about to buy one before my november Thailand trip. Hopefully the get a little cheaper before then...

Greetings
Karl-Heinz

KarliP:
I really think about to buy one before my november Thailand trip. Hopefully the get a little cheaper before then...

Greetings
Karl-Heinz

How much are they?

Terry

Web Monkey:
How much are they?

Terry
Not available in the US yet, but if you buy one from a UK shop (not sure what that does to your warranty), last I looked they started around $1500.

Web Monkey:
How much are they?

Terry

The official list price here in Germany is 1299.- Euro. That's around 1780$. In Germany tax is already included.

Greetings
Karl-Heinz

With that price you can buy the Oceanic Data Mask HUD. Just to show a price comparison. Otherwise I'm happy with my Smartcom also made by Scubapro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom