Anybody diving a Uwatec Galileo SOL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoyN:
With that price you can buy the Oceanic Data Mask HUD. Just to show a price comparison. Otherwise I'm happy with my Smartcom also made by Scubapro.
Aside from the cool HUD factor, however, the Oceanic computer itself can't hold a candle to the features of the Galileo Sol. It's just a totally different class of product.

CompuDude:
Aside from the cool HUD factor, however, the Oceanic computer itself can't hold a candle to the features of the Galileo Sol. It's just a totally different class of product.

They're about the same price. But if someone donates me 1,499 dollars, I'll still go with Scubapro anyway, but the Galileo sure looks nice, just wish I could afford it. :(

RoyN:
They're about the same price. But if someone donates me 1,499 dollars, I'll still go with Scubapro anyway, but the Galileo sure looks nice, just wish I could afford it. :(
I'm going to start saving my pennies for when my wife gets certified at the end of this year! Then, assuming it's on sale here by then, I can give her my SmartTec ("generously"), and have an excuse to pick up the new one! (As long as she never finds out the actual cost, that is! Gulp!)

You can give me the smartTec generously if she fails it. :wink: I would sure love a wireless Scubapro computer especially when it was about $300 dollars more then my smartcom. :D But seriously, I'll just use my smartcom for now, probably forever.

got 1 last night

here is some pics
injoy it

cant wait to take it underwater

Attachments

• DSC00185.JPG
    DSC00185.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC00184.JPG
    DSC00184.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC00183.JPG
    DSC00183.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC00182.JPG
    DSC00182.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC00181.JPG
    DSC00181.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC00180.JPG
    DSC00180.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC00179.JPG
    DSC00179.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC00178.JPG
    DSC00178.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00177.JPG
    DSC00177.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC00176.JPG
    DSC00176.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC00175.JPG
    DSC00175.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 172
i took it underwater today

1 easy to read
2 all the info in 1 screen "
3 heart rate worked fine in the first dive
4 finally uwatec have the option to turn all audio alarms off
5 i own a d9 and vr3 i give this 2 computers 9/10 galilio will easy get 10 if it had trimix software and a color display

6 sorry but i didnt have the chance to try the compass viz was great 7-8 meters
so that would be cheating lool anyway i used the d9 for more than 100 dives never used the compass coz its really BS

dont know what else to say

i will be more than happy to answer any questionzzzzzzzz

i will try it again coming sat

I also did it!

I bought a Galileo Sol from a LD. I got 10% off, that's ok for me.

Then I bought a USB-to-Infrared dongle from a local shop. I had no problems to connect the Galileo to my PC.

I too can't wait to bring the thing under water... :)

Greetings
Karl-Heinz

I saw one in the Maldives. They wanted $1650. Looked at the literature they had on hand about it, it's rated to 330m depth. But couldn't find out about gas switching, has a mapping feature, but it was unclear how that was going to work as well. The shop was a duty free, so they knew absolutely nothing about it except it was really cool looking and the price.

im sure u will like it

just like i did

1 more thing injoy your dive .. im sure also u will miss alot of thing on that dive ,,, coz u will be only looking at then new galileo loooool

GL and injoy it

sulaiman:
im sure u will like it

just like i did

1 more thing injoy your dive .. im sure also u will miss alot of thing on that dive ,,, coz u will be only looking at then new galileo loooool

GL and injoy it

Any chance for a picture of it on your arm? It looks like a very large unit, so it would be interesting to see it on someone. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom