Anybody in upstate SC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Eagle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I live in Greenville, SC. I recently moved back here from St. Thomas. I'd like to get into some diving around here, even though it's lake diving. Let me know who here is around the upstate of SC and would like to maybe get together sometime and do some diving. :)

Heading up to Lake Jocassee (Devils Fork State Park) next weekend to spend the weekend diving the lake. Best lake diving you will find anywhere around you.. although it's not the Virgin Islands.

Couple of Quarries over in Al...probably 4 1/2 hours from you.

If you're interested in finding fossils (and lots of them), try the Cooper River in Charleston. That's a little different because it is blackwater.

Dave

:scuba: I'm from Greenville also. Lake Jocassee is my main dive spot, although it was a bit of a shock after a week in the Bahamas. I'm certified AOW/Rescue/Nitrox with about 70 logged dives. A good place locally to meet other divers is Carolina Scuba Club. Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month @ Fatz on Woodruff Rd., 6:30pm. Lets do some diving!

I live in the Landrum, Tryon area. I thoroughly enjoy diving Joccassee (any excuse to get wet):wink:. Boat or shore I don't care as long as I'm diving:). Of course it is bit cooler than the Keys so my wife doesn't enjoy it as much, although she did enjoy her first night dive which was on the Junk.

Hey scubaboy44....do I need to join this club or can I just show up one night? This sounds interesting and I think I may come one night. Thanks for letting me know! :)

NatureDiver once bubbled...
Hey scubaboy44....do I need to join this club or can I just show up one night? This sounds interesting and I think I may come one night. Thanks for letting me know! :)

Ditto...

I was just starting to get excited about attending the meeting tomorrow night when I realized that tomorrow is the fourth Tuesday of this month. Drat! Oh well, I'll do my best to show up at next month's meeting. Hopefully I'll see everyone there. I'll be the guy who knows nobody and tries to blend into the wall. :)

Hay Scubaboy,

Who's running the club now days? Do they have a website? When I lived in Greenville I was the VP of the club until I move out of state. I wonder if any of the original members are still around. If anyone is an original member tell them Scott says hi.

Scott

scubaboy44 once bubbled...
:scuba: I'm from Greenville also. Lake Jocassee is my main dive spot, although it was a bit of a shock after a week in the Bahamas. I'm certified AOW/Rescue/Nitrox with about 70 logged dives. A good place locally to meet other divers is Carolina Scuba Club. Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month @ Fatz on Woodruff Rd., 6:30pm. Lets do some diving!

:scuba: You don't need to join before you come to a meeting, just check us out, we'll be more than glad to have you and we're always looking for new members. Next meeting is Oct. 21st. The website is carolinascubaclub.com. Individual dues are only $20. a year. padipro, I will mention your name @ the next board meeting. Many of the charter members are on the board. Does Dick Stofan or Karen Stone ring a bell? Good to meet all of you. Nature & pls, hope to see you @ the club meeting & Jocassee.

I'm going to do my best to be there on the 21st. Can you give me a rundown of what a typical meeting is like? I've never been to anything like it and am getting really interested in it. Thanks for the info!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom