Diver from SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to hijack, but I was kinda hoping this thread might mention some wreck diving off the SC coast. About 20 years ago I went diving with some outfit out of North Myrtle and had a great time. Now I have family in Charleston and would love to incorporate some diving with a visit to the kidlings!

Personal to jojodhutch: after using vest type BCDs for nearly 30 years, I’ve just bought a DiveRite BP with Oxycheq wing. I haven’t even gotten it wet yet, and you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks, but we’ll see. From what I’ve seen and read lately, I think you’re probably right to start early with that BPW.

I envy you starting out your diving in college. I took scuba diving as a PEd course at Wake Forest over 50 years ago, but we never got the open water sessions, so I didn’t get certified for another 20 years! the only thing better would be to start in high school (or earlier). While diving with Stuart Cove last month I met and chatted with a 13 year old! She and her dad were there and she was just like a little fish… leaving many of us old fogies in her bubbles.

Regards,
Froggie 🐸

Not to hijack, but I was kinda hoping this thread might mention some wreck diving off the SC coast. About 20 years ago I went diving with some outfit out of North Myrtle and had a great time. Now I have family in Charleston and would love to incorporate some diving with a visit to the kidlings!

🐸
A couple of years ago my son and I did a double dip on a tug (with military vehicles nearby) with Coastal Scuba out of North Myrtle, over the Labor Day weekend. The water was still nice and warm, the viz was not great, a decent number of critters -- including lots of barracudas. O.k. overall, but the boat was crowded, not everyone had their own spot to set up gear (had to take turns), and the boat staff seemed geared toward beginners and micro-managed everything. Next time I'm in the area I'll try Express Watersports south of Myrtle.

Personal to jojodhutch: after using vest type BCDs for nearly 30 years, I’ve just bought a DiveRite BP with Oxycheq wing. I haven’t even gotten it wet yet, and you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks, but we’ll see. From what I’ve seen and read lately, I think you’re probably right to start early with that BPW.

I envy you starting out your diving in college. I took scuba diving as a PEd course at Wake Forest over 50 years ago, but we never got the open water sessions, so I didn’t get certified for another 20 years! the only thing better would be to start in high school (or earlier). While diving with Stuart Cove last month I met and chatted with a 13 year old! She and her dad were there and she was just like a little fish… leaving many of us old fogies in her bubbles.

Regards,
Froggie 🐸
Thanks so much. I was fortunate enough to have a parent that already dove, so I got to have a jump start!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom