Anybody in upstate SC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe I tought her rescue class in Lake Keowee.

I miss the club meetings we used to have. It was a lot of fun. The dive weekend at the lake with the BBQ at the cabanas was a good time as well.

Please say hi to everyone for me at the next meeting. And tell them I'm still waiting for them to come to Ft. Lauderdale on a dive trip. LOL I told everyone when I moved down here that I would be happy to help set up a trip some time if anyone was interested. Can you believe it, no one ever came down.

Scott

Its very informal. We will be in the meeting room in the back.Around 6:30 people start drifting in, some order a meal, some just a drink, depending. Around 6:45 to 7 a short business meeting, then around 7 to 7:15 a program. We have some good ones usually. Last time two of our members did a program on their trip to Cozumel where someone in their party had a DCS hit. The meeting usually breaks up about 8:30 or so.

Yes, I can believe it. We have a trip cooordinator on the board and sometimes gets very little response on the trips. Whether it is scheduling or what, I don't know. The trips they do, they don't have a very large group. The annual BBQ @ Jocassee is well attended, though.

The Jocassee BBQ was about the only thing, other then the monthly meetings, that anyone ever did. And most of the people that showed up at the lake never actually got in the water, they were just there for the BBQ. LOL I even offered several Speciality courses to the club members at cost and only a few showed up.

It was the same thing though in another club I belonged to in Atlanta. Everyone gets together to talk about diving but no one actually dives.

I see on the club website that Al Costa is still around. I was working at DDC when he was going through his DM class.

Scott

scubaboy44 once bubbled...
Yes, I can believe it. We have a trip cooordinator on the board and sometimes gets very little response on the trips. Whether it is scheduling or what, I don't know. The trips they do, they don't have a very large group. The annual BBQ @ Jocassee is well attended, though.

Yes, you're right about that. But there is a small group of us who try to do as much diving as we can. I try to get wet @ every opportunity. Matter of fact, next week I will be a little south of you in Tavernier for a long weekend of seeing how much diving I can do.(Speigle, Eagle, Duane !) Another LDS here runs a motorhome trip to the keys once a month. From Thurs.- Sun. we do 9 dives in Keys & a spring dive on the way home Sun. This is the 3rd time I've been on this trip so I highly recommend it.

Just an old T shirt I dug out of the closet.

Fuji FinePix S5000 and Adobe Photo Shop.

Digital cameras are so cool.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom